DCU Visa® Platinum Secured Credit Card
A great way to establish or improve your credit history
- Apply Now
DCU Visa Platinum Secured Credit Card Features
- Secured card rates well below the national average
- Borrow against your DCU savings account
- No Annual Fee
- No Fees or Higher Rates for Cash Advances and Balance Transfers
- Insurance, car rental, travel, and warranty benefits
- Optional Overdraft Protection On Your DCU Checking
- Buy online easily and safely with V.me by Visa
I applied for this card because I needed to help my credit score. It is an excellent way to learn how to use a credit card.
— Lady, Worcester, MA
DCU Visa Platinum Secured Credit Card Details
Unlike most secured credit cards on the market, DCU's Visa Platinum Secured Credit Card is a great value. You get all of the benefits of DCU's Visa Platinum Credit Card listed below as well as dividends on the savings you borrow against. If you are looking to establish or improve your credit history, this program is a great way to get started.
DCU Visa Platinum Secured Credit Card Benefits
- Low Rates – Save over other secured credit card rates.
- No Annual Fee – Save up to $45 over other credit cards.
- No Fee or Higher Rate for Cash Advances – Cash advances are free! Get advances 24-hours a day from any ATM displaying the Visa logo or by calling DCU or through Online Banking. Easily transfer money to any of your DCU Savings or Checking accounts or have a check mailed to you. Plus, we offer cash advances up to $200 per day at participating hotels.*
- No Fee or Higher Rate for Balance Transfers – Balance transfers from other credit cards to your DCU Visa Platinum Credit Card are free. You can also make transfers through DCU Online Banking, Mobile Banking, ATMs, Easy Touch Telephone Teller System, the Information Center, or at any DCU branch.
- Free Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver – You're covered for collision damage or theft on auto rentals.
- Optional Overdraft Protection On Your DCU Checking – Overdrafts are automatically charged to your DCU Visa Platinum Credit Card up to your credit limit when you choose this option.*
- Extensive Visa Travel Services – Receive $500,000 in free Travel Insurance Coverage when you charge tickets on any carrier such as airline, train, ship, or bus. Plus, you're assured your room remains available if you arrive late at participating hotels, motels, and resorts.*
- Extended Warranty On Most Purchases – Extends the warranty on most purchases made with your DCU Visa Platinum Credit Card.*
- Buy online easily and safely with V.me by Visa – Learn more
* Review your account agreement for details.
Great for Students, Too
The DCU Visa Platinum is the perfect card for college students. Online access is easy when you're away from home through Online Banking and it is safer than cash.
If your own financial situation doesn't allow you to qualify for a card on your own (based on your credit history, income, and expenses), you'll need to have an adult co-borrower who does qualify most often a parent. That offers four advantages:
- It allows you to begin building your own credit history
- May qualify you for a higher credit limit
- It can result in a lower interest rate since your rate will be determined by the best personal credit history among your co-borrowers
- Your co-borrowers can access the account through Online Banking and can easily help make payments by online transfer from their own DCU accounts
Visa Additional Federal Disclosure Table
After that, your APR will vary with the market based on the Prime Rate.*
This APR may be applied to your account if you make a late payment.How Long Will the Penalty APR Apply? If your APR is increased for this reason, the Penalty APR will apply until you make six consecutive payments (minimum or higher) when due, beginning with the first payment due following the effective date of the change.
Federal Reserve Board:
Foreign Currency Transaction:
Conversion Fee: 2%. Conveyance in US Funds Fee (no conversion necessary) 0.80%.
Up to $35 per occurrence
How We Will Calculate Your Balance: We use a method called "average daily balance (including new purchases)."
Please refer to DCU's VISA Credit Card Agreement and Federal Truth-in-Lending Disclosure Statement.
Applied for this credit card by phone. The person was very nice and interested - approved app! Needed card before my trip to Europe. DCU sent it
FedEx. Quite impressed!
— MSM, Chico, CA
Easy Ways To Apply Today
- Apply Online – Most members get an answer on their application while still online.
- Apply by Phone – Apply 24 hours a day by phone 800.328.8797, (select 3).
- Any DCU Branch – Visit your local branch to open a Visa Platinum Secured Card today.
We're Here To Help!
If you have any questions, please speak with a Member Service Representative at your nearest DCU branch or call our Information Center at 800.328.8797, weekdays from 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m., and Saturdays 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., Eastern time.
"Helped Me Grow"
DCU secured visa card is very useful and I needed one to build credit. DCU's card has great features and excellent service.
— Rajan, Netwark, DI
- StreetWise Guide to Credit and Credit Management – Pertinent information on how to obtain and maintain a good credit rating, credit scoring information, and much more.
- Calculation of Finance Charges – Learn exactly how finance charges or interest on DCU loan accounts are calculated.
- Financial Wellness and Recovery – Learn what DCU can do for you if you are now or think you may soon be experiencing a financial setback
- DCU Visa Gift Card – The DCU Visa Gift Card is always the perfect gift for any occasion.
For Your Protection
- Payment Protection – Learn how we can help relieve the pressure of your loan payments during certain unexpected events
- Fraudulent Activity Protection – Learn how we work closely with Visa to protect your account(s) from fraud.
- Order replacement checks, dispute a transaction, or report fraud – Secure forms, located in Online Banking under Account Manager, allow you to address many items that may arise.
- Managing and/or avoiding credit card interest – Learn how to reduce or entirely avoid credit card interest.
- How to report a lost or stolen credit card – If your card has been lost or stolen call DCU immediately. After hours, report lost or stolen Visa Credit or Check Cards at 800.847.2911.