Keep your car. Trade your loan.
- Apply Now
Refinance Today and Start Saving!
Move your car loan to DCU and...
- Lower your payment
- Lower your rate,
- or both!
Auto Loan Refinance Calculator
Estimated Monthly Payments at DCU
Estimated Monthly SAVINGS at DCU
Estimated LOAN SAVINGS at DCU
800.328.8797 (select 3)
Please refer to Details and Rates tabs for additional information and important disclosures.
"Loan was fast, very low rate, and easy."
Best rate I found anywhere, and the fastest response times.
— Eric, Guilderland, NY
Moving your car loan to DCU could cut your payment
In today's economy, every dollar that you save counts. Wouldn't you like to reduce the monthly cost of owning a car? With Auto Refinancing, DCU could lower your monthly payment.
How does Auto Refinancing work?
We can usually save you money one or two ways...
- Lower your interest rate We often find people were given a higher rate than they deserved at another institution or dealership especially on used cars.
- Spread out your remaining balance We can spread out what's left on your loan so each monthly payment is smaller.
Whether you opt for a smaller monthly payment or to pay off your loan faster, you can save a bundle on your monthly expenses.
Let us evaluate your current loan
We'll look at...
- The make and model of the vehicle
- The remaining loan balance
- The current monthly payment and interest rate
- The original number of payments and how many you have left
- The name, address, telephone number, and loan account number for your current lender (most of this information will be in your loan coupon book or statement)
From that, we'll be able to estimate how much you'll save. Your actual savings will depend on your personal credit history, account relationship, and repayment method.
You can always expect an honest evaluation from DCU
If we can't reduce your payment, we'll let you know. Our vision is that All members achieve their financial goals. We want to ensure you get a good deal...even if you already have it. It's worth a few moments to find out how much we can help you.
How can we offer such a good deal?
Because our auto loans are already a great value...
- New or used vehicles at the same low rates – Car dealers and most institutions often charge you more for used some 20% or more.
- Borrow for cars, trucks, or vans – Borrow to buy your next vehicle or refinance the one you drive.
- Great rates and affordable payments – Finance up to 84 months. The longer the loan term, the lower your monthly payment.
- Borrow up to 120% of Price – Qualified borrowers can finance up to 120% of NADA retail book value or 120% of the purchase price whichever is less, PLUS DCU GAP and DCU Warranty. DCU will only finance over 100% when it's DCU's GAP and Warranty, not dealer add-ons.
- Save with Relationship benefits and electronic payment Save on rates when you qualify for Relationship benefits on your DCU Checking Account and make payments electronically (payment by transfer in Online Banking, Mobile Banking, Easy Touch Telephone Teller, DCU ATM, or internal DCU automatic transfers). Add 0.50% to rate for other payment methods.
Auto Loan Refinancing Rates*
|Terms / Features||Our Best Rates*|
|Annual Percentage Rate
|Estimated Monthly Payment
Per $1,000 Financed
Auto Loan Calculator
|Up to 36 months||2.24%||$28.75|
|Up to 48 months||2.24%||$21.80|
|Up to 65 months||2.24%||$16.35|
|Up to 72 months||3.24%||$15.30|
|Up to 84 months||4.74%||$14.01|
Rates are effective .
*Rates are determined by your personal credit history, account relationship, and payment method. Rates listed are for consumer loans. Rates on commercial vehicle loans are 1% to 3% over rates listed. Certain business vehicle and equipment loans may be subject to a maximum loan of 80% of the purchase price.
Request for auto loan
Does applying for a 2nd chance auto loan affect your credit score and/or put a hard inquiry on your credit?
Used car loan
Can I refinance a loan that is funded by DCU?
Is there any limit to how old a car can be to get a second chance loan?
I recently refinanced my car with DCU and I saved so much money that it makes my new home buying experience less stressful. Being a DCU member for 4 years now I received a lower rate than expected.
— Nelson, Chichester, NH
"Loved the lower interest rate!"
DCU came through with the best interest rate, and the process was so simple! Keep up the great job!
— Whitehall, Hopkinton, MA
Auto Refinancing Resources
- Are You Already Approved? – Login to Online Banking and check your Account Manager inbox for a message. If you are, you can accept your approved loan online.
- NADA Vehicle Price Guide – Get prices on new and used vehicles to help in negotiating the sale or purchase of a vehicle.
- Loan Payment Method Authorization (.pdf format) – Use to have DCU set up electronic loan payments by transfer from your DCU savings or checking account. Note: you can set this up on your own with Internet Online Banking Automatic Transfers.
- Payment Protection – Helps relieve the pressure of your loan payments during certain unexpected events.
- DCU Auto Insurance – You can count on us for good service, good value, and expert help in choosing the best auto insurance solution for you and your family.
- Mechanical Breakdown Insurance – Available through DCU, it covers you for out of pocket repairs on both new and used cars at half the cost of an extended warranty.
- Guaranteed Asset Protection – If your car is totaled or stolen, this optional insurance covers the difference between the insurance settlement and the loan balance.
- TItle Services – Request a Lien Satisfaction Letter or Duplicate Title Application.
Auto Refinancing Related Links
- Loan Calculator – Use these calculators to determine an approximate loan payment based on the loan amount (loan cash), term, and credit history standing. This helps you see if a loan will fit within your budget.
- StreetWise Guide to Credit – StreetWise guide helps you understand how credit works, how to use it responsibly, how to know if you are having difficulty with it, and what to do if you are.
- Skip a Payment (.pdf format) – You have the option to skip a loan payment without impacting your credit rating.
- Calculate Finance Charges – Sometime members have questions about how Finance Charges or Interest on their DCU loan accounts are calculated. This information is designed to make the information in your loan disclosures a little easier to understand.
- Schedule of Fees and Service Charges – Details regarding member benefits that may help you avoid fees.
- Vehicle Loan Payoff Form for Insurance Agencies or Dealers – Dealers and insurance agencies can use this form to obtain a 10-day loan payoff for members' auto loans.