Earn a high interest savings rate to build your savings faster
- Open Now
Primary Savings Details
- High rate on first $1,000 encourages saving*
- Worldwide ATM Access
- $5.00 minimum to open
- Free online, mobile, and branch access
- Can act as overdraft protection
- Included with DCU membership
- Federally insured by NCUA
* Included with DCU membership. One Primary Savings account per person.
Please refer to Details and Rates tabs for additional information and important disclosures.
"Good Service, Best Rates"
I first found out about DCU from our Realtor/Loan officer. They told me that DCU is known for good service and the best rates available for line of credit & other products. I haven't been disappointed!
— Sam, Corona, CA
Primary Savings Details
- High rate on first $1,000 encourages savings – We recommend you set aside 3 to 9 months of household spending as an emergency fund. The high rate we pay on the first $1,000 of your balance is a reward for getting started. On the rest of your balance, you'll earn rates typically higher than those paid by commercial banks on statement savings and passbook accounts. Daily dividends are compounded and paid monthly. There are no monthly fees.
- Worldwide ATM access – Both your DCU Primary Savings account and your DCU Checking Account are accessible for withdrawals, inquiries, and sometimes deposits at virtually every non-DCU ATM.
- $5.00 minimum to open
- Free online, mobile, and branch access – You can access your account 24 hours a day using any DCU ATM, Online Banking, and Easy Touch Telephone Teller. You can access your account in any DCU branch and make deposits online anytime with a scanner or camera in your smart phone by Online Deposit.
- Acts as overdraft protection on your DCU Checking – You can choose to have any overdrafts covered by your Savings Account provided there is sufficient balance and the Regulation D transfer limit has not been exceeded.*
- Included with DCU membership – Your first $5.00 of balance signifies your ownership of DCU, a member-owned not-for-profit consumer cooperative. As long as you maintain at least $5.00 in this account, you'll be a DCU member. One Primary Savings account per person.
- Federally insured by NCUA – Learn more about insurance on all your savings at DCU and how to maximize your coverage.
*A $5 fee is incurred for each overdraft protection occurance.
Rates may change after the account is opened and are subject to change weekly. Funds earn dividends from day of deposit to day of withdrawal, compounded and paid monthly. Accrued dividends are forfeited if account is closed prior to monthly dividend posting. Fees or other conditions may reduce earnings on this account. Refer to DCU's Truth-In-Savings Disclosure and Account Agreements and Schedule of Fees and Service Charges.
Please refer to Features and Rates tabs for more information.
|Account / Minimum / Terms||Dividend Rate||Annual Percentage Yield|
|Primary Savings rate on first $1,000 - Minimum $5 balance||5.00%||5.12%**|
|Primary Savings rate on remaining balance||0.05%||0.05%|
Rates are effective .
*One Primary Savings account per person. Additional memberships receive one Savings Account. Rates may change after the account is opened and are subject to change weekly. Funds earn dividends from the first business day of deposit and are compounded and posted monthly. Accrued dividends are forfeited if account is closed prior to monthly dividend posting. Fees or other conditions may reduce earnings on these accounts. Refer to DCU's Truth-in-Savings Disclosures and Account Agreements and Schedule of Fees and Service Charges.
**5.12% APY will be paid on the balance in your account up to the first $1,000.00. A dividend rate of 0.05% will be paid on the remaining balance in your account that exceeds $1,000.00, which will create a blended rate made up of the 5.12% APY and 0.05% APY. For example, a balance of $1,500.00 would earn a blended rate of 3.43% APY. “Blended APY” shown assumes the amount entered is held in the account for one year. Requires a $5.00 minimum balance to open the account and earn the APY.
Annual Percentage Yield (APY) is a figure calculated using a federally-mandated formula. It's designed to help you compare the return you'll get in a uniform way between the certificate, savings, and money market accounts offered at various institutions. It tells you at what percentage your money will grow in one year at the same dividend rate including the effects of compounding. For example, the APY on a 6-Month Certificate would be what you earned at the end of a year if you renewed your certificate once, did not add to or subtract from the balance along the way, nor withdrew any dividends.
Please refer to Features and Details tabs for more information.
Can direct deposit be set up for this type of savings account?
what do you mean by first $750 in savings gets 5% interest?
What account is needed fr loan
if i go to the dcu in tyngsboro ma will i get a trmporary debit card when i open the account
"Simple, Fast and Easy"
Opening an account was very fast and easy. Accessing my account is simple with online access, and nearby branches and ATMS. And I love the $5 minimum balance.
— KP09 , Leominster, MA
Easy Ways To Open a Primary Savings
- Open Online – Opening a DCU Primary Savings account is fast and convenient! Follow the simple step-by-step instructions and open your account in minutes online.
- By Phone – Call 800.328.8797 or 508.263.6700, (select 3).
- Visit a DCU Branch – Visit a local branch and open a Primary Savings account. A Member Service Representative will assist you and be able to answer all your questions.
"I love my new Savings Account!"
Easy to open, friendly service – I'm happy I made the switch to DCU!
— Jules, Bolton, MA
- Other DCU Savings Accounts – View our other Savings Account Options and open online.
- DCU Checking Accounts – Stop paying big bank fees. Save hundreds with a DCU checking account.
- DCU Certificate Accounts – Earn higher interest rates than traditional Savings Accounts.
- Truth-in-Savings Disclosure (.pdf format) – Covers disclosures related to all DCU savings and checking accounts. DCU's Funds Availability Policies are covered here.
- About NCUA Insurance – Complete information and details about NCUA Insurance.
- Schedule of Fees and Service Charges – Details regarding member benefits that may help you avoid fees.
- Funds Availability Policy – This covers DCU's policies regarding holds on deposits.
- Update Contact Information Form (.pdf format) – For address, phone number(s), and/or email address changes.
- Change Name and/or Add Joint Owner to Existing Account Form (.pdf format) – For name changes and/or account ownership changes.
- Direct Deposit of Federal Recurring Payments (.pdf format) – Use this form to have DCU set up direct deposit of your Social Security or federal pension to your DCU account.
- Change of Ownership Authorization with Full Consent Application (.pdf format) – Use to remove a joint owner with their consent from any or all of your DCU accounts.
- Mail-in Deposit Form (.pdf format) – For mail-in deposits – Type, print and mail your own deposit slip from home.