Money Market Savings Account
High rates and flexibility
- Open Now
Money Market Account
- Earn high tiered dividends
- $0 minimum to open
- $1,000 minimum to earn dividends
- Free online, mobile, and branch access
- Federally insured by NCUA
Please refer to Details and Rates tabs for more information.
"Simple and effective"
DCU's money market is a good money market account with simple and effective features, and is backed by DCU's impeccable service, functionality and ease of use.
— Shriak, Arlington, VA
Money Market Savings Account Details
- Earn high tiered dividends You'll earn dividends that often rival uninsured money market mutual funds. As the money in your DCU Money Market Account grows, you'll automatically earn a higher dividend rate. Click the "Rates" tab for balance tiers and dividend rates.
- $0 minimum to open
- $1,000 minimum balance to earn dividends
- Free online, mobile, and branch access – You can access your account 24 hours a day using any DCU ATM, Online Banking, and Easy Touch Telephone Teller. You can access your account in any DCU branch and make deposits online anytime with a scanner or camera in your smart phone by Online Deposit.
- Federally insured by NCUA – Learn more about insurance on all your savings at DCU and how to maximize your coverage.
*Federal Reserve Regulation D states no more than six (6) pre-authorized, telephone, automatic, or check withdrawals or transfers in any combination are permitted in any calendar month from your Money Market Account.
Rates may change after the account is opened and are subject to change weekly. Funds earn dividends from day of deposit to day of withdrawal, compounded daily and paid monthly. Accrued dividends are forfeited if account is closed prior to monthly dividend posting. Fees or other conditions may reduce earnings on this account. Refer to DCU's Truth-In-Savings Disclosure and Account Agreements and Schedule of Fees and Service Charges.
Please refer to Features and Rates tabs for more information.
Money Market Savings Accounts*
$1,000 minimum balance to earn dividends.
|Balance Tiers||Dividend Rate||Annual Percentage Yield|
|When daily balance is $100,000.00 or more||0.80%||0.80%|
|When daily balance is $50,000.00 to $99,999.99||0.65%||0.65%|
|When daily balance is $25,000.00 to $49,999.99||0.50%||0.50%|
|When daily balance is $10,000.00 to $24,999.99||0.35%||0.35%|
|When daily balance is $1,000.00 to $9,999.99||0.20%||0.20%|
Rates are effective .
*Rates are subject to change weekly. Funds earn dividends from the first business day of deposit and are compounded daily and posted monthly. Money Market dividends are calculated on the full balance using the highest applicable dividend rate. Accrued dividends are forfeited if account is closed prior to monthly dividend posting. Fees or other conditions may reduce earnings. Refer to DCU's Truth-in-Savings Disclosures and Account Agreements and Schedule of Fees and Service Charges.
Annual Percentage Yield (APY) is a figure calculated using a federally-mandated formula. It's designed to help you compare the return you'll get in a uniform way between the certificate, savings, and money market accounts offered at various institutions. It tells you at what percentage your money will grow in one year at the same dividend rate including the effects of compounding. For example, the APY on a 6-Month Certificate would be what you earned at the end of a year if you renewed your certificate once, did not add to or subtract from the balance along the way, nor withdrew any dividends.
Please refer to Features and Details tabs for more information.
Can money market account be closed any time with out penalty?
Are there any requirements to opening a Money Market account? like credit score, etc? I already have DCU checking and savings accounts
Can you write physical checks on the Money Market Account?
How is the penalty applied when account balances fall below $1,000?
Does the time have to be in whole years, or can it be like 18 months??
"Fast and easy to open"
I was able to open a money market account online in less than one minute. Impressive! I had the option of adding a joint owner. This saved me a lot of time.
— Blueeyes, Tilton, NH
Easy Ways To Open a Money Market Account
- Open Online – Opening a DCU Money Market Account is fast and convenient! Follow the simple step-by-step instructions and open your account in minutes online.
- By Phone – Call 800.328.8797 or 508.263.6700, (select 3).
- Visit a DCU Branch – Visit a local branch and open a Money Market Account. A Member Service Representative will assist you and be able to answer all your questions.
I opened a new money market account after closing my account at Citizens because of too many fees. DCU makes finances easy, with no fees and great benefits.
— DCU Fan, Merrimack, NH
- Other DCU Savings Accounts – View our other Savings Account Options and open online.
- DCU Checking Accounts – Stop paying big bank fees. Save hundreds with a DCU checking account.
- DCU Certificate Accounts – Earn higher interest rates than traditional Savings Accounts.
- DCU Financial – Our representatives can help you with a variety of non-traditional investment options for long-term savings and retirement.
- Truth-in-Savings Disclosure (.pdf format) – Covers disclosures related to all DCU savings and checking accounts. DCU's Funds Availability Policies are covered here.
- About NCUA Insurance – Complete information and details about NCUA Insurance.
- Schedule of Fees and Service Charges – Details regarding member benefits that may help you avoid fees.
- Funds Availability Policy – This covers DCU's policies regarding holds on deposits.
- Update Contact Information Form (.pdf format) – For address, phone number(s), and/or email address changes.
- Change Name and/or Add Joint Owner to Existing Account Form (.pdf format) – For name changes and/or account ownership changes.
- Direct Deposit of Federal Recurring Payments (.pdf format) – Use this form to have DCU set up direct deposit of your Social Security or federal pension to your DCU account.
- Change of Ownership Authorization with Full Consent Application (.pdf format) – Use to remove a joint owner with their consent from any or all of your DCU accounts.
- Mail-in Deposit Form (.pdf format) – For mail-in deposits – Type, print and mail your own deposit slip from home.