How does it work?
It's easy! An existing DCU Member can invite a friend or family member to join by using the Share DCU tool in Online Banking Account Manager.
Once you complete the online referral, we'll send an email with a referral code to your friend inviting them to join DCU. This code is valid for 90 days and can be input on their new membership application. Once your friend opens their new membership and qualifying product (see below for more info), you'll get $10, and they'll get $20! That's it!
About qualifying accounts
Once their membership is opened, new members will need to open at least one of the following accounts in order for you both to qualify for the referral bonus:
- Checking Account with recurring direct deposit of net pay, pension, or Social Security
- Membership with at least five debit/credit card transactions, bill payments, balance transfers, or P2P transfers in a calendar month
- A mortgage (purchase or refinance)
- A fixed-rate home equity loan (new or refinance); or
- A vehicle, RV, boat, or mobility loan (purchase or refinance)
When will I get my money?
Once the new membership and qualifying account is opened, the bonuses will be deposited into both members' DCU Primary Savings Accounts. Exactly when bonuses are credited will vary depending on the qualifying account:
- Free Checking with direct deposit — bonuses will be credited at the beginning of the month following the initial direct deposit.
- Membership with five monthly debit/credit card transactions, transfers, or payments — bonuses will be credited once five qualifying transactions are completed within one calendar month.
- Vehicle, RV, boat, or mobility loan, mortgage, or fixed-rate home equity — bonuses will be credited within a few days of the qualifying loan being opened.
Why didn't I receive my money?
Possible reasons may include:
- The referred member has not opened the qualifying product yet.
- The referral was made after the new membership was already opened.
- The email address for the referred member must match the email address that the referring member sent it to. (The email address can be changed in Online Banking after the bonus has been paid out).
- Direct deposit must be net pay, not a portion of the check.
- Direct deposit status is determined at the beginning of each month. If applicable, bonuses are deposited after that.
- Referral code was not redeemed when membership was opened. The new member can enter the referral code in Online Banking through the Share DCU tool in Account Manager.
When can I refer someone?
You can refer a friend at any time through Online Banking by selecting Account Manager and Share DCU from the menu on the left.
How can I check the status of the referrals I made?
Log in to Online Banking and select Account Manager > Share DCU > Referral History.
How can I refer more people?
Log in to Online Banking and select Account Manager > Share DCU > Refer a Friend
If you have any other questions regarding the Refer a Friend Promotion and services offered by DCU, please call our Information Center.