- Low $500 minimum to open and earn dividends
- Terms 3 to 60 months
- Multiple dividend payment options
- Automatic renewal saves time
- Free online, mobile, and branch access
- Best rates with Relationship benefits
- Federally insured to $250,000 by NCUA
Please refer Details tab for more information.
Regular Certificate Details
- Low $500 minimum to open and earn dividends
- Terms 3 to 60 months – Your initial rate remains in effect for the full term. Dividends are compounded daily and credited monthly.
- Multiple dividend payment options – You can leave your dividends in the account so they compound or you can have them transferred to your DCU Savings Account each month or at maturity.
- Automatic renewal saves time – If you want to keep the same term when your Certificate renews, there is nothing you need to do. If you want to make any changes, you can easily let us know through Account Manager in Online Banking.
- Free online, mobile, and branch access – You can view and access your certificate anytime by logging into Online Banking from your computer, Mobile Banking with your smart phone or iPad, or by visiting any DCU branch.
- Best rate with Relationship benefits – When you qualify for Relationship benefits on your DCU Checking Account, you'll automatically receive the highest published dividend rate for that DCU Certificate when you open or renew.
- Federally insured to $250,000 by NCUA – Learn more about insurance on all your savings at DCU and how to maximize your coverage.
You can add $100 or more to your Regular Certificate with a term of 12 months or less. You can use this feature to...
- Consolidate multiple certificates as they mature.
- Build your savings faster at high certificate rates.
- Move savings from other institutions into existing accounts.
Here's how to add to your certificate . . .
- By Mail Enclose a check made out to Digital Federal Credit Union or send written transfer instructions with the account number of the certificate you want to add to, the account name and number you are transferring from, and the amount to transfer (minimum $100).
- By Phone Call the Information Center at 508.263.6700, (select 3) and provide us with your transfer instructions.
- By Email Log on to Online Banking and choose Contact Us. Select General requests or comments. Complete the form. In the box "Please Select the Department" choose Information Center and in the large comment box tell us the one or two digit account number of the certificate you want to add to, the account name and number you are transferring from, and the amount to transfer (minimum $100).
- By Person Stop by any DCU branch to make your add-on deposit or transfer.
Regular Certificate Rates*
Regular Certificate Rates Minimum balance of $500 is required to open your account.
|Terms / Features||OUR BEST RATES|
|Dividend Rate||Annual Percentage Yield|
|48 to 59 months||1.49%||1.50%|
|36 to 47 months||1.30%||1.31%|
|24 to 35 months||1.15%||1.16%|
|12 to 23 months. Add-ons permitted for 12-month term.||1.00%||1.01%|
|6 to 11 months. Add-ons permitted||0.60%||0.60%|
|3 to 5 months. Add-ons permitted.||0.50%||0.50%|
Rates are effective .
* Dividend rates shown are for members who qualify for Relationship benefits on their DCU Checking Account. Without Relationship benefits, you'll earn .25% less than dividend rates shown above. Rates determined by term of Certificate.
Add-on Feature You can make unlimited add-ons to your certificate principal on all Regular Certificates with terms of 12 months or less, anytime throughout the term. Minimum add-on $100. An add-on before maturity does not affect your dividend rate.
Certificate Account rates are subject to change weekly; but the rate will remain in effect for the term of the certificate once issued. Funds earn dividends from the first business day of deposit through the day of withdrawal, are compounded daily, and posted monthly. "Penalties" apply for early withdrawals. Refer to DCU's Truth-in-Savings Disclosures and Account Agreements, Schedule of Fees and Service Charges and Certificate Account Disclosure and Agreement.
Annual Percentage Yield (APY) is a figure calculated using a federally-mandated formula. It's designed to help you compare the return you'll get in a uniform way between the certificate, savings, and money market accounts offered at various institutions. It tells you at what percentage your money will grow in one year at the same dividend rate including the effects of compounding. For example, the APY on a 6-Month Certificate would be what you earned at the end of a year if you renewed your certificate once, did not add to or subtract from the balance along the way, nor withdrew any dividends.
Early Certificate Closing Penalties*
|3-11 months||60 days' dividend|
|12-35 months||90 days' dividend|
|36-60 months||180 days' dividend|
* When you qualify for Relationship benefits on your DCU Checking Account, you'll automatically receive the highest published dividend rate for that DCU Certificate when you open or renew.
The same penalties apply on amounts prematurely withdrawn from a Certificate. IRS penalties may apply on IRA Certificate withdrawals. Jump-Up Certificate early withdrawal penalties will be calculated at the rate being earned at the time of withdrawal.