Finance equipment and home improvements to assist with disabilities
- Apply Now
Access Loan Benefits
- For any product, device, or building modification designed to assist someone with a disability
- Terms up to 72 months
- Loans from $1,000 to $25,000
- Save with Relationship benefits and electronic payment
Whenever I am in need of a product or service, DCU is there to lend a hand.
— Shirley, San Diego, CA
Access Loan Overview
Access Loans are for any product, device, or building modification designed to assist someone with a disability. The borrower need not be the beneficiary of the purchase. Qualified purchases include, but are not limited to:
- Powered non-vehicle transportation such as scooters, power wheelchairs, stair-climbing power chairs, all-terrain wheelchairs.
- Manual transportation such as standard manual wheelchairs, custom sport wheelchairs, and specialized hand cycles.
- Adaptive computer and communications equipment such as air tube systems for spinal cord injuries, voice systems for the blind, educational and rehabilitation systems for children and adults.
- Durable medical equipment such as slings for lifting paraplegics and quadriplegics, breathing systems, specialized beds.
- Rehabilitative equipment such as motorized equipment that exercises muscles and limbs.
- Accessible building modifications such as bathroom accessibility, kitchen modifications, widening doorways for wheelchairs, lowering countertops, changing cabinets, modifying sinks and faucets, installing ramps, elevators, stair climbing devices, installing ceiling lifts.
- Save with Relationship benefits and electronic payment Save on rates when you qualify for Relationship benefits on your DCU Checking Account and make payments electronically (payment by transfer in Online Banking, Mobile Banking, Easy Touch Telephone Teller, DCU ATM, or internal DCU automatic transfers. Add 0.50% to rate for other payment methods.
Qualified members may obtain Access Loans, for 100% of the purchase amount, from $1,500 to $25,000 and with terms up to 72 months. (Higher amounts may be considered. Normal underwriting guidelines apply.*)
*Credit history, income, and term are considered in loan approval and rate decisions.
Access Loan Rates
Available for Mobility Scooters, and any product, device or building modification designed to assist individuals with a disability.
Qualified borrowers may finance up to 100% of the purchase price or retail book value.
|Terms / Features||Our Best Rates*|
|Annual Percentage Rate||Estimated Monthly Payment
|Up to 36 Months||6.85%||$30.81|
|Up to 48 Months||7.10%||$23.99|
|Up to 60 months||7.35%||$19.97|
|Up to 72 months||8.60%||$17.83|
Rates are effective .
* Rates are determined by your personal credit history, account relationship, and payment method.
There is no doubt that I wouldn't recommend DCU when a friend or family members needs a credit union
— Anu, Rockland, MA
"Own Your Equipment"
Access loan is a great option - especially if you want to own your assistive technology product.
— Cmallen, Houston, TX
Access Loan Resources
- Are You Already Approved? – Log in to Online Banking and check your Account Manager Inbox for a message. If you are, you can accept your approved loan online.
- Loan Payment Method Authorization (.pdf format) – Use to have DCU set up electronic loan payments by transfer from your DCU savings or checking account. Note: you can set this up on your own with Internet Online Banking Automatic Transfers.
- Payment Protection – Helps relieve the pressure of your loan payments during certain unexpected events.
Access Loan Related Links
- Loan Calculator – Use these calculators to determine an approximate loan payment based on the loan amount (loan cash), term, and credit history standing. This helps you see if a loan will fit within your budget.
- StreetWise Guide to Credit – StreetWise guide helps you understand how credit works, how to use it responsibly, how to know if you are having difficulty with it, and what to do if you are.
- StreetWise Disability Resource Guide – StreetWise guide provides links to a variety of online resources for people with disabilities and their families.
- Skip a Payment (.pdf format) – You have the option to skip a loan payment without impacting your credit rating.
- Calculate Finance Charges – Sometime members have questions about how finance charges or interest on their DCU loan accounts are calculated. This information is designed to make the information in your loan disclosures a little easier to understand.
- Schedule of Fees and Service Charges – Details regarding member benefits that may help you avoid fees.
- Financial Wellness and Recovery – Learn what DCU can do for you if you are or think you may soon experience a financial setback. The earlier you contact us, the more we can do to help.