DCU People Pay
A FREE person to person funds transfer program.
"Everything in a one stop shop!"
Every time I log into Online Banking, I can do everything I need: check my balance, pay my bills, receive notifications, open new accounts... AND it's FREE!!! Does it get any better than that?
— S.H, Leominster, MA
About DCU People Pay
For many people, using cash or checks has been the easiest way to pay a friend or acquaintance. However, more and more people are using their smartphones or other electronic devices to make purchases and manage their finances. Introducing People Pay – a new way of sending money that’s fast, convenient and safe.
Manage all your payments in one location without slowing down your busy lifestyle.
You Can Use People Pay to:
- Pay your roommate back for shared rent or household expenses
- Send cash to a niece or nephew in college
- Pay back a friend for lunch or concert tickets
- Make sure the soccer team dues are paid in time for next week's game
DCU People Pay is the fast, safe way to send money online.
Here's How It Works:
You can send money to almost anyone with an email address or a mobile number. The person will receive a notification with instructions on how to claim the money.
You can do this two ways:
- Refer to the notification that was sent to your email address or mobile number.
- Simply go to the "Incoming" tab in People Pay
Transfers Happen Fast!
Certain transfers you make using People Pay can happen in real-time, instantly. If your transfer can't be processed immediately, it will only take one business day to process.
Using People Pay is FREE!
Frequently Asked Questions
What does DCU People Pay do?
People Pay is a person to person funds transfer program that allows DCU members to transfer money from their accounts at DCU to a person either here at DCU, or another financial institution.
Are there transaction limits?
Yes, you can send up to $500 per transfer with a limit of $1,500 in transfers per day.
What does it cost to use People Pay?
Nothing! DCU People Pay is a free service for DCU members.
How long does it take to complete a transfer?
Certain transfers can happen in real-time, instantly. If your transfer can't be processed immediately, it will only take one business day to process.
How does the recipient get their money?
You can transfer money directly to your recipient's financial institution if they provide you with their routing and account number. If you don't have that information, the recipient will get a text or email with instructions to claim the transfer.
Can I use People Pay with the DCU Mobile App?
Yes! DCU People Pay is available through online banking as well as the DCU Mobile App.
How do I sign up?
Signing up for DCU People Pay is easy! Simply log into Online Banking and go to Account Manager. DCU People Pay will be on the left side of the screen. For mobile users People Pay can be found in Account Manager once you have logged in.
Ask your questions. Share your answers.
1. Your friend can use BoA's bill payment service.
2. You can go to DCU's web site and find the Service Center (typically a Credit Union) that is closest to your friend's location, and then give your friend your DCU member number and the Service Center's name and address, and your friend can go there in person and deposit the money directly into your account.
3. Your friend can give you the $40 in cash. (But you already knew about that one.)
You can send payments of up to $500 each, and up to $1,500 total per day.
"Online Banking is SO easy to use!"
DCU has always been miles ahead of the competition when it comes to online banking and their years of experience with it definitely shows in the clear, easy to use interface to their products and services. I've had nothing but good experiences with DCU.
— Member_4_Life, Holliston, MA
Related DCU People Pay Links
- CashEdge Funds Transfer Move money between your DCU accounts and your accounts at other financial institutions. Email money to anyone.
- Account Manager Manage your accounts, get messages, upload documents, accept loan approvals, and so much more within Online Banking.
- Bill Payer Save money with every bill you pay. It's fast, easy and secure!
- DCU Text Alerts We'll send you a text message to let you know that you are in danger of bouncing a check, your loan payment is due, or if your balance falls below a certain amount. You choose which alerts that you want to receive!
- eStatements View, print, and save your statements electronically through Online Banking.
- FinanceWorks An easy to use tool designed to help you manage your everyday finances all from within Online Banking.
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Mobile Banking Access your DCU accounts with smart phones, iPads, and internet-connected devices.
- Online Deposit Deposit checks free with the camera on your smart phone or iPad, or a computer scanner.
- Security Features Here's how we protect your information and our systems.
- Scheduled Maintenance At off-peak times, we may take the system down for upgrades. Find out when the next times are.
- StreetWise Privacy Protection and Fraud Prevention guide Learn how to protect yourself online from identity theft and fraud.
- Electronic Services Disclosure (.pdf format, 11 pages) This covers disclosures related to DCU electronic services such as Debit Cards, ATM Cards, Online Banking, and Easy Touch Telephone Teller system.
- eStatement Disclosure (.pdf format, 1 page)