Refinancing your mortgage with a credit union like DCU has several additional benefits. Here’s why you should check out your credit union when considering your options for a home refinance.
- Lower rates. Credit unions are not-for-profit financial institutions, which means profits are returned to members by way of lower loan rates and other benefits. Home refinance rates with credit unions tend to be lower than with banks, and a lower rate can save you thousands of dollars in interest payments over the life of the loan.
- Fewer and lower fees. As a credit union, DCU is able to provide lower rates on mortgage loans because there is a cost charged upfront called a delivery fee*, that tends to be higher than other institutions. However, those institutions also tend to have higher rates.
* At DCU this delivery fee is transparent and reflected in the rate.
- Easier approval. Credit unions take the time to consider the full context of your financial picture, not just your credit score. They often have more lenient lending requirements compared to banks or other financial institutions..
- Quicker response. With a credit union, you’ll follow a clear and simple path to refinance your mortgage. With fewer hoops to jump through, you can get a fast response from your loan representative and move through the process quickly.
- Better service. When you work with a credit union on your home refinance, you’ll enjoy a more personalized approach. We’re here for you every step of the way, from completing your mortgage application to closing on the loan.
- Experience you can count on. When you have questions about your refinance options, you can trust a credit union to provide unbiased answers and guidance to help you make informed decisions. Our loan representatives go the extra mile to answer all your questions throughout the process.
- Focused on you. Credit unions are owned and governed by their members, with the purpose of serving members’ financial needs. While banks need to make a profit to satisfy their stockholders, as a credit union, our members are our shareholders. At DCU, we return profits to you in the form of low rates on loans, great service, and fewer and lower fees.
Ready, Set … Refinance
It’s easy to get a personalized quote online and view refinance rates, payments, and estimated costs with DCU. When you’re ready to refinance, simply apply online in just a few minutes.
This article is for informational purposes only. It is not intended to serve as legal, financial, investment or tax advice or indicate that a specific DCU product or service is right for you. For specific advice about your unique circumstances, you may wish to consult a financial professional