Pay 0% APR* on Balance Transfers until July 2017
with no balance transfer fee!**
- How to Transfer
The more you transfer, the more you save.
- No Balance Transfer fees** – Unlike most other offers, DCU doesn't charge you a percentage or a fee to transfer your credit card balances.
- Unlimited Transfers*** – Transfer as much as you want as often as you want.
- Quick and Easy – Transfer balances online easily using our Online Balance Transfer tool in Account Manager in both Online Banking and the DCU Mobile App.
- No Retroactive Finance Charge – If the entire balance transfer amount has not been paid by your July payment due date, any remaining balance will start accruing interest as of July, not retroactively as many other credit card promotions are conducted.
- Hurry! Limited Time Offer – This offer is only valid through January 31, 2017 so transfer today and start saving right away.
Important Note: Any purchases made during the promotional period (1/1/17 – 1/31/17) will be subject to your regular APR if the ending statement balance (which includes the balance transfer amount) is not paid in full. The balance transfer itself will remain at 0% APR until repaid in full or at the end of the DCU Visa billing cycle ending in July 2017, whichever occurs first.
Don't Have a DCU Visa® Yet?
*APR=Annual Percentage Rate. APR as of . Visa Platinum is as low as 9.00% APR. Visa Platinum Rewards is as low as 11.75% APR. Your APR will be based on your personal credit history. 0% APR only applies to the amount transferred through DCU's online balance transfer tool between 1/1/17 and 1/31/17 until repaid in full or at the end of the DCU Visa billing cycle ending in July 2017, whichever occurs first. Offer not valid for DCU Visa Business Platinum. Account must remain in good standing throughout promotional period to continue promotional rate. Offer valid on non-DCU Credit Card balances only. Restrictions may apply.
**Rates are variable, tied to the Prime Rate, and can change monthly. 2% foreign transaction fee applies. For more information refer to DCU's VISA Credit Card Agreement and Federal Truth-in-Lending Disclosure Statement.
***Up to your available credit limit, minimum $100 per transfer.
You can make 0% balance transfers online, through our mobile app, by calling us, or visiting a branch.
How to Transfer Online
Transferring a balance to a low rate DCU Visa Platinum Card has never been easier than it is with our Online Balance Transfer option in Account Manager.
- Log into your Online Banking account
- Click the Account Manager button at the top of the screen
- Click the Payments/Transfers tab on the left
- Choose Balance Transfer, which is located under the Balance Transfer section
- Enter the card number and amount that you're paying off, verify the card issuer information, and we'll take care of the rest!
Whether you're paying off another Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, or even a store (Best Buy, Target, Walmart, Kohl's, Apple, etc.) card, you'll receive a notification if your balance transfer was successful.
Once your balance transfer is complete, you'll see the requested amount added immediately to the balance of your DCU Visa account. This will show up as a Cash Advance on your monthly statement, but rest assured that you're still paying the same low rate as you would for a regular purchase.
After the transfer, be sure to keep an eye on the account that you are paying off. While most transfers will happen in a matter of a few business days, others may take longer depending on how the card issuer processes it's payments.
How to Transfer Using our Mobile App
- Log into your Online Banking account.
- Select the Account Manager button.
- Select Balance Transfer.
- Enter the card number and amount that you're paying off, verify the card information, and we'll take care of the rest!
How to Transfer by Calling Us
- Call us at 508.263.6700 or 800.328.8797 and a DCU representative will help you with your transfer(s). It's helpful to have your cards and statements handy when you call.
How to Transfer at a Branch
Additional Federal Disclosure Table
|Additional Federal Disclosure Table|
|Annual Percentage Rate (APR) for Purchases, Balance Transfers, and Cash Advances|
|DCU VISA||9.00% to 18.00% when you open your account, based on your credit-worthiness. After that, your APR will vary with the market based on Prime Rate*.|
|DCU Rewards VISA||11.75% to 18.00% when you open your account, based on your credit-worthiness. After that, your APR will vary with the market based on Prime Rate*.|
|DCU Secured VISA||12.00%. After that, your APR will vary with the market based on Prime Rate*.|
|Penalty APR (Delinquency) and When it Applies||18.00%
This APR may be applied to your account if you make a late payment.
|How Long Will the Penalty APR Apply?||If your APR is increased for this reason, the Penalty APR will apply until you have made six consecutive payments (minimum or higher) when due, beginning with the first payment due following the effective date of the change.|
|How to Avoid Paying Interest on Purchases||Your due date is approximately 25 days after the close of each billing cycle. We will not charge you interest on purchases if you pay your entire balance by the due date each month.|
|Minimum Interest Charge||NONE|
|For Credit Card Tips from the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau||To learn more about factors to consider when applying for or using a credit card, visit the web site of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau at:
How We Will Calculate Your Balance: We use a method called "average daily balance (including new purchases)".
Rates are effective .
Please refer to DCU's VISA Credit Card Agreement and Federal Truth-in-Lending Disclosure Statement.
- Online Balance Transfers – Transfer Your Balances from High Rate Credit Cards to Your DCU Visa Platinum.
- Calculation of Finance Charges – Learn exactly how finance charges or interest on DCU loan accounts are calculated.
- StreetWise Guide to Credit and Credit Management – Pertinent information on how to obtain and maintain a good credit rating, credit scoring information, and much more.
- Account Manager Manage your accounts, get messages, upload documents, accept loan approvals, and so much more within Online Banking.
- eStatements View, print, and save your statements electronically through Online Banking.
For Your Protection
- Managing and/or avoiding credit card interest – Learn how to reduce or entirely avoid credit card interest.
- Electronic Services Disclosure (.pdf format, 11 pages) This covers disclosures related to DCU electronic services such as Check Cards, ATM Cards, Online Banking, and Easy Touch Telephone Teller system.
- Visa Credit Card Disclosure (.pdf format, 6 pages) – This covers rates, terms, and conditions related to DCU's Visa credit card programs.