We're Searching for a Leader for the DCU Board
DCU is a not-for-profit financial cooperative owned by and operated for our members. Since our charter in October of 1979, we have been chosen as the credit union for more than 700 companies and organizations. DCU serves more than 600,000 members and their families in all 50 states. DCU is the largest credit union headquartered in New England, and is among the top 15 nationwide. Delivering top notch products and services to our members has enabled us to grow 17 fold over the past 20 years.
Our vision is that "All members achieve their financial goals." As we strive toward that objective, we continue to raise our game. We are determined to reach new heights in the value we bring to our members. We are currently looking for individuals with unique experiences and skills to fill an open seat on our Board of Directors.
The DCU Board of Directors defines the strategic direction of DCU for maximum benefit of the membership and its evolving wants and needs. To help us deliver on that promise, the Directors must possess these attributes:
- Total integrity and commitment to complete transparency in credit union matters.
- Acts at all times as a representative of the membership.
- Contagious optimism for future possibilities.
- A visionary.
- Collaborative – effective at articulating own positions while genuinely open to the opinions and ideas of others.
- Will participate in-person at all Board meetings and conferences.
- Will actively engage in committee work including leadership roles as appropriate.
- Is a systems thinker with strong business and financial skills.
- Understands how to integrate the voice of members into strategic plans for the years ahead.
Our already very effective DCU Board of Directors is committed to becoming World Class. We are looking for a quality individual as a contributing partner in that journey.
If you have a desire to be part of our industry-leading organization as a Board Member, please email* firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about the process and obtain an application package. Completed applications and resumes are due by 3pm (EDT) on Monday, May 15, 2017.
*Please note that ordinary email is not secure. You should avoid including any sensitive personal or financial information. Contact DCU directly with specific questions concerning your account or membership.