Members' Monthly Newsletters
Receive these newsletters with your monthly statement or as an email
"Easy To Work With"
I go to DCU for all my financial needs. You guys make the process so smooth and easy. And that's how banking should be done.
— Amy, Merrimack, NH
Members' Monthly Overview
Click on the title to view recent issues of Members' Monthly, the newsletter we send members with their monthly statements or as an email.
Note that the information in these newsletters was correct at the time of publication and may no longer be accurate. This is especially true with savings rates, loan rates, and special offers. Please refer to other portions of our web site for the most up to date information.
- 7 Secrets of Smart Homebuyers
- Easy Breezy Ways to Save Money This Summer
- Simple Ways to Reduce Home Costs
- What Does Having A Good Credit Score Really Get You?
- When To Use Credit Cards Versus Other Payments
- Keep Your Checking Account In Good Standing
- Keeping A Close Eye On Your Credit Report: Why And How
- Use Your Tax Refund To Get Ahead
- Protect Yourself from Identity Theft
- Who Needs an Estate Plan?
- Emergency Savings: Be Prepared for the Unexpected
- How to Save Money When You're on a Budget
- Why It's Important to Save Now for the Future
- Budgeting For The New Year
- DCU's Annual Memorial Scholarship Program
- DCU's Member Referral Program
- 2019 Board Nominees and Annual Meeting
- 7 Ways To Save On Holiday Decorations
- Budgeting For A Brighter Future
- Be Aware Of These 5 Hidden Holiday Costs
- 5 Smart Moves Using Your Credit Card Wisely
- How To Stick To A Budget This Holiday Season
- A Gift for Them, a Gift for You... Get Paid To Refer Family And Friends To DCU
- Buying a House? Make Sure You Can Afford A Mortgage
- You Can Take Control Tackle Credit Card Debt
- Give Your Savings A BOOst!
- Your Home's Equity: A Smarter Way To Pay
- Keep Your Car. Trade Your Loan. Moving Your Car Loan To DCU Could Cut Your Payment
- Tips For A Financially Healthy Family
- Financial Success: Take Your First Step with DCU
- Why Is a Checking Account Important?
- People Pay: An A+ Way to Send Money
- Take Control of Your Student Loans
- A More Responsible Way to Pay for College
- Make Payments the Easy Way with DCU!
- Are You Saving Enough for Retirement?
- Invest in a Local Business!
- Budgeting for a Brighter Future
- Try Saving Automatically!
- DCU Friends and Family Lending, Powered by ZimpleMoney
- Not Near a DCU Branch? No Problem
- Fraud Control in the Palm of Your Hand!
- Take Control of College Costs with a DCU Loan or Refinance
- Road Trip or Water Excursion on Your Mind? Why Wait?
- You Need a Checking Account Even If You Don't Write Checks Anymore!
Members' Monthly is rated out of 5 by 5.
Rated 5 out of 5 by ANN from This is the BEST financial institution! Repeatedly, DCU has saved me money, keeping me informed of up-to-date various features as well as protection mechanisms. I recently referred someone who inquired of DCU when using my debit card; he was was looking for a GREAT financial place for his money and I was happy to forward him to DCU!
Date published: 2018-08-16
Rated 5 out of 5 by Arun from Best customer experience so far in the US I was looking for an auto-loan and got it sanctioned without any hassles as opposed to my experiences with other banks. Staff is extremely helpful who do not hesitate to go beyond the call of duty to ensure customer delight and satisfaction giving several options and willing to extend their best support. I never visited the bank. Opened the account online and spoke to the members over the phone and got all that I wanted. When my credit score/history wasn't showing up from one source they looked up the other source and gave me best rates possible. Excellent service!
Date published: 2018-04-10
Rated 5 out of 5 by Mylo's mistress from Excellent customer service I recently transferred accounts from two other banks to DCU, and having found their customer service to be excellent, I didn't hesitate to then finance my new car as well. It was the simplest, fastest process with the best rate imaginable: couldn't be happier.
Date published: 2016-01-17
Rated 5 out of 5 by Bob64 from Swift and hassle free loan application from home PC I experienced the finest car loan application process of my life. I opted for the electronic application route and enjoyed a filing to approval process in just a few hours all from the comfort of my home office. Now that is what I call customer focus! The car loan application process has been perfected!
Date published: 2015-09-26
Rated 5 out of 5 by SuperGamer57 from Excellent Credit Union Credit approval in minutes and got lowest credit rate for my car loan.
Date published: 2015-09-01
What is my membership number
What's is my membership number
If you have recently opened your membership you can expect for your Membership Number to arrive within 5-10 business days. If you have not recently opened your membership please contact us by phone and we can have a copy mailed to you. We are available at (800) 328-8797 option 5, Monday through Friday 8 am until 9 pm and Saturday from 9 am until 3 pm Eastern Time.
Date published: 2018-07-26
When is your next document shredding event and where?
These events will take place on Saturday's from 9am to 1pm beginning in April through October each year. The next event has not yet been scheduled where it is more than 4 months away. Events will be announced on our home page as the dates near.
Date published: 2019-01-24
What are the requirements to become a member or open an account with DCU?
What are the requirements to have an account and does it matter what state do you live in? how accessible are the accounts if one doesn't live in Massachusetts?
A Primary Savings with a minimum of a $5 balance maintained is required for Membership. You are eligible to join DCU if you have an immediate family member who is a member of DCU, you work for or retired from a company listed as a DCU Sponsor, you belong to or join an Organization whose members we serve, or if you live, work, worship, or attend school in a sponsoring community. This information appears on our web site at https://www.dcu.org/infodesk/membership/eligibility.html . Accounts are accessible through Online Banking, Mobile Banking apps, Easy Touch Telephone Teller, and in person at a network of Co-op Shared Branch locations throughout the USA. You can also reach our Information Center by phone, email, and Live Chat.
Date published: 2015-07-18
Can we have a specific date on apple pay? I want to sign up and if not very soon, I will use another bank.
A specific date has not been determined yet. Please continue to watch our web site for the announcement.
Date published: 2015-06-06
How can I be getting my monthly credit score ?
I don't know my credit score
To enroll in our Free FICO Credit Score program you may contact 800.328.8797 option 5.
Date published: 2016-09-24
A++++++ to all the staff at DCU. You all are truly amazing. I love that you are all very knowledgeable. Whenever I have a question, you are all there to answer it.
— Rory, Richmond, VA
Members' Monthly Related Links and Resources
- StreetWise Consumer Education Program – The home page for our award-winning consumer education program. Includes a detailed glossary of financial terms.
- StreetWise Auto Buying Guide – Learn how to buy a car without getting taken.
- StreetWise Homebuying and Mortgages – Learn how to save money and aggravation before and after the sale.
- StreetWise Privacy Protection and Fraud Prevention – Learn how to protect yourself and your privacy.
- StreetWise Guide to Using Financial Services – Learn how to get the most from basic financial services such as checking, certificate, IRAs, check cards, and NCUA insurance coverage.
- StreetWise Credit and Credit Management – How to get and keep a good credit rating. How to recognize credit problems and solve them.