Recent DCU Youth Newsletters
Show Me and Barnyard Cents
Select on the title to view recent issues of Show Me, the newsletter for teens and young adults, that talks about real life money situations for members 13 through 22 also sent out monthly in statements. Or choose Barnyard Cents Quarterly, the fun and educational newsletter for kids up to age 13 sent out each quarter in their statements.
Please note that the information in these newsletters was current at the time of publication and may no longer be accurate. This is especially true with savings rates, loan rates, and special offers. Please refer to other portions of our web site for the most up to date information.
The Barnyard Cents newsletter is in .pdf format. Download Adobe Acrobat Reader to view it. Show Me is in HTML.
|Show Me Newsletter|
|December 2017||November 2017||October 2017||September 2017|
|August 2017||July 2017||June 2017||May 2017|
|April 2017||March 2017||February 2017||January 2017|
|Barnyard Cents Newsletter
|Spring 2017||Summer 2017||Fall 2017||Winter 2017|
Show Me Newsletter
- When Is A Deal Not A Deal?
- Why Should You Care About A Social Security Number?
- Home On Break? Ways To Earn Some Extra Cash
- Get Creative and Lower Holiday Spending
- What Does 'The Good Life' Mean to You?
- What You Need to Know About Employee Benefits
- Looking to Save Some Money This Holiday Season? Get Crafty!
- What's Your Money Psychology Style?
- Don't Let Halloween Costs Scare You
- Could You Be Your Own Boss?
- Stop! Can You Really Afford That?
- The True Price of Credit: How Much Are You Really Paying?
- For The Rare Times You Need A Branch
- Access Your Account Anywhere
- Need Cash From Home?
- College Students, Which Credit Card Is Right For You?
- Your First Car: New or Used?
- Where to Stash Your Cash?
- 5 Ways to Protect Your Debit Card
- Eight Awesome Alternatives to Shopping When You Don't Need Anything
- 7 Tips to Search for College Scholarships
- How Much Will You Really Earn This Summer?
- See the Credit Union Difference
- What Is a Credit Card?
- Didn't Find A Summer Job? Create Your Own!
- Are You Making The Most Of Online And Mobile Banking?
- What To Do When Your Package Never Arrives
- Protecting Information On Your Mobile Device
- When Does A Gap Year Make Sense?
- 6 Steps To Buying Your Own Car
- How To Make Your Dream Purchase A Reality
- Streetwise Is About Saving You Money
- Find A Summer Job—Now!
- Prevent Lifestyle Creep
- Protect Yourself! Change Your Passwords
- Protect Yourself Against Scams
- Are You Addicted To Your Phone?
- Enjoy Prom Night For Less
- Your College Application Checklist
- Researching Scholarships
- 5 Ways To Protect Yourself From Cybercrime
- Do You Have A Spending Plan?
- A Question For Couples: Should You Pool Your Money In A Joint Account?
- Computer Security and Online Privacy
- DCU's Annual Memorial Scholarship Program
- Get Your FAFSA In Early!
- 4 Benefits Of A Mobile Wallet
- Phishing — Don't Take That Bait!
- 2017 Board Nominees and Annual Meeting
Barnyard Cents Newsletter
- Give back on your birthday!
- 3 Reasons to love the earth
- The search is on! Find the missing money
- 5 Ways to make money this summer
- Don't go app happy!
- Here comes the sun
- Top 4 reasons to keep money in your DCU Savings Account
- 3 Unique ideas to wow your friends this Halloween
- Climb a word ladder!
- Got gift cards? Be a smart shopper!
- What to do with old toys? Donate!
- How much money will you need?
Barnyard Cents Related Links and Resources
- StreetWise Consumer Education Program – The home page for our award-winning consumer education program. Includes a detailed glossary of financial terms.
- StreetWise Auto Buying Guide – Learn how to buy a car without getting taken.
- StreetWise Homebuying and Mortgages – Learn how to save money and aggravation before and after the sale.
- StreetWise Privacy Protection and Fraud Prevention – Learn how to protect yourself and your privacy.
- StreetWise Guide to Using Financial Services – Learn how to get the most from basic financial services such as checking, certificate, IRAs, check cards, and NCUA insurance coverage.
- StreetWise Credit and Credit Management – How to get and keep a good credit rating. How to recognize credit problems and solve them.