Holiday Club Savings
Save all year for holiday shopping
- Open Now
Holiday Club Savings Account
- Goal-oriented savings
- Competitive dividend rates
- Minimum $20 monthly automatic deposit
- Free online, mobile, and branch access
- Federally insured by NCUA
Please refer to Details and Rates tabs for additional information and important disclosures.
I love this feature. Not only does this account give me a healthy budget for my holiday shopping, but I also use it for birthday and anniversary gifts throughout the year. I just love DCU!
— Diane, Kingsland, TX
Holiday Club Savings Account Details
- Goal-oriented savings Your DCU Holiday Club Account allows you to save throughout the year for the holidays (or any other purpose).
- Competitive dividend rate Compare DCU's Holiday Club Account to bank statement savings accounts and you'll see how much better it is. You'll earn dividends from day of deposit to day of withdrawal, compounded daily and paid monthly.
- Minimum $20 monthly automatic deposit These automatic transfers can come from your DCU Checking Account or your Savings Account and help provide you savings discipline. You can set up automatic transfers on Online Banking or have us set up automatic transfers for you. Even if you don't plan to use the money for holiday shopping, it's a great way to pay yourself first and make your money grow faster.
- Free online, mobile, and branch access – You can access your account 24 hours a day using any DCU ATM, Online Banking, and Easy Touch Telephone Teller. You can access your account in any DCU branch and make deposits online anytime with a scanner or camera in your smart phone by Online Deposit.
- Federally insured by NCUA – Learn more about insurance on all your savings at DCU and how to maximize your coverage.
*Federal Reserve Regulation D limits total phone or Online Banking transfers or withdrawals from all savings accounts into your checking account to six per month. Loan payment transfers, teller counter transactions, ATM transactions, deposits, and transfers into your account are unlimited.
Rates may change after the account is opened and are subject to change weekly. Funds earn dividends from day of deposit to day of withdrawal, compounded daily and paid monthly. Accrued dividends are forfeited if account is closed prior to monthly dividend posting. Fees or other conditions may reduce earnings on this account. Refer to DCU's Truth-In-Savings Disclosure and Account Agreements and Schedule of Fees and Service Charges.
Please refer to Features and Rates tabs for more information.
Holiday Club Savings Account*
|Minimum/Terms||Dividend Rate||Annual Percentage Yield|
|Minimum $20 monthly deposit||0.05%||0.05%|
Rates are effective .
*Rate may change after the account is opened and is subject to change weekly. Funds earn dividends from the first business day of deposit and are compounded daily and posted monthly. Accrued dividends are forfeited if account is closed prior to monthly dividend posting. Fees or other conditions may reduce earnings on these accounts. Refer to DCU's Truth-in-Savings Disclosures and Account Agreements, Ltd Savings Account Application and Disclosure, and Schedule of Fees and Service Charges
Annual Percentage Yield (APY) is a figure calculated using a federally-mandated formula. It's designed to help you compare the return you'll get in a uniform way between the certificate, savings, and money market accounts offered at various institutions. It tells you at what percentage your money will grow in one year at the same dividend rate including the effects of compounding. For example, the APY on a 6-Month Certificate would be what you earned at the end of a year if you renewed your certificate once, did not add to or subtract from the balance along the way, nor withdrew any dividends.
Please refer to Features and Details tabs for more information.
Can I set this account up for direct deposit from my paycheck?
Can i still get my pay check on holidays even tho the bank is closed
Is there a date you have to open the club account? & when is the money available?
is there a certain timeline like most banks that I have to start this or is it random?
"Great way to target money"
We have used this service for most of our lives. This is a good way to save for the holidays. The separate account is a gentle reminder to save. Could also be used as a raining day fund.
—PJ, Manchester, NH
Easy Ways To Open a Holiday Club Account
- Open Online – Opening a DCU Holiday Club is fast and convenient! Follow the simple step-by-step instructions and open your account in minutes online.
- By Phone – Call 800.328.8797 or 508.263.6700, (select 3).
- Visit a DCU Branch – Visit a local branch and open a Holiday Club. A Member Service Representative will assist you and be able to answer all your questions.
Every year when our Holiday funds are deposited into our account, we are so grateful for the Holiday Club Account!
— GrammyB, Crystal Lake, IL
- Other DCU Savings Accounts – View our other Savings Account Options and open online.
- DCU Checking Accounts – Stop paying big bank fees. Save hundreds with a DCU checking account.
- DCU Certificate Accounts – Earn higher interest rates than traditional Savings Accounts.
- Truth-in-Savings Disclosure (.pdf format) – Covers disclosures related to all DCU savings and checking accounts. DCU's Funds Availability Policies are covered here.
- About NCUA Insurance – Complete information and details about NCUA Insurance.
- Schedule of Fees and Service Charges – Details regarding member benefits that may help you avoid fees.
- Funds Availability Policy – This covers DCU's policies regarding holds on deposits.
- Update Contact Information Form (.pdf format) – For address, phone number(s), and/or email address changes.
- Change Name and/or Add Joint Owner to Existing Account Form (.pdf format) – For name changes and/or account ownership changes.
- Direct Deposit of Federal Recurring Payments (.pdf format) – Use this form to have DCU set up direct deposit of your Social Security or federal pension to your DCU account.
- Change of Ownership Authorization with Full Consent Application (.pdf format) – Use to remove a joint owner with their consent from any or all of your DCU accounts.
- Mail-in Deposit Form (.pdf format) – For mail-in deposits – Type, print and mail your own deposit slip from home.