With Automatic Basic, Plus, and Relationship Benefits
- Open Now
Dividend Checking Benefits
- Earn competitive dividends on your entire daily balance
- Low $2,500 daily minimum balance to avoid $10 monthly fee
- Debit card*
- Free online, mobile, and branch access
- Unlimited check writing
- Receive your pay up to 2 days early with recurring Direct Deposit
- Free DCU ATMs
- Automatic Plus and Relationship benefits when you do more with DCU
- And much more...
Please refer to Details and Rates tabs for additional information and important disclosures.
"The products have great features"
My paycheck is in my account early, I make deposits with my iPad anytime, and I always know how much I have in my account online. Getting dividends on my checking ain't bad, either.
— PlowMan45, Billerica, MA
If you have an interest-bearing checking account at a bank, chances are you're paying very big fees or getting little for the huge minimum balance you're forced to keep. Take a close look at your statement. You're in for a shock. Do they really want your business?
DCU Dividend Checking comes with exceptional Basic benefits and a competitive rate. You may automatically qualify for two additional levels of benefits called Plus or Relationship. Each level gives you many more great benefits that save you money or increase your earnings.
Why do we do this? To repay your relationship with DCU with additional value. The more you use DCU, the more benefits we can deliver to you and your fellow members. The more you use DCU, the more you'll benefit from the services you use and the extras we provide. Do more, get more.
Dividend Checking Basic Benefits
- Competitive dividends (interest) on your entire balance compounded daily and paid monthly
- Low $2,500 minimum daily balance to avoid a $10 monthly fee
- DCU Visa® Debit Card*
- FREE Online Banking and Online Deposit**
- FREE Mobile Banking and Online Deposit**
- FREE Unlimited check writing
- Receive your pay up to 2 days early with recurring Direct Deposit1
- FREE online Bill Payer
- FREE DCU ATM access
- FREE Easy Touch Telephone Teller access
- FREE eStatements
- FREE use of thousands of CO-OP Shared Branch locations
- Optional Overdraft protection and Overdraft Payment Service2
- Free optional monthly credit score in Online Banking
With Plus benefits, you receive all the Basic benefits above and...
- Free use of non-DCU ATMs – otherwise $0.75 per transaction
- Up to $5 per month in non-DCU ATM surcharge reimbursements
How to qualify for Plus Benefits
You'll automatically receive these benefits every month you do any two of the following three things...
- Recurring Direct Deposit your net pay, Social Security, or pension to your checking account3
- Receive all your DCU statements electronically4
- Have an active loan with DCU (such as a DCU Visa Credit Card)
With Relationship benefits, you receive all the Plus and Basic benefits above and...
- Free DCU Custom-style checks (120 per year)
- Special ½% consumer loan rate discount with electronic payment
- Special ¼% rate bonus on regular certificate accounts
- Up to $15 per month in non-DCU ATM surcharge reimbursements
How to qualify for Relationship Benefits
You'll automatically receive these benefits every month you do all three of these things...
- Recurring Direct Deposit your net pay, Social Security, or pension to your checking account
- Receive all your DCU statements electronically4
- Have an active loan with DCU (such as a DCU Visa Credit Card)
Determining your Checking Level
When you qualify for Plus or Relationship benefits, your account name stays Free Checking in Online Banking and on your statement. You can view your current benefits level on your Online Banking Account Manager homepage, or ask us in any branch, by email, or phone.
Safety and Security
Your DCU accounts are insured up to $250,000 per person by the National Credit Union Share Insurance Fund (NCUSIF). Individual Retirement accounts (IRA) are insured separately up to $250,000. Learn more about insurance coverage.
Switch Your Checking Account to DCU Today!
ClickSWITCH makes it easy for you to quickly and securely switch your current online bill payments, automated payments and direct deposits from your existing financial institution's accounts to your new account at DCU. Learn more about ClickSWITCH.
Not a DCU member yet? Joining is easy and there's no DCU membership fee. Check our Branch/ATM Locator to find your nearest branch, call the Information Center at 508.263.6700 or 800.328.8797, weekdays from 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. and Saturdays from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., Eastern time, or visit our membership page for details.
* Upon approval
** Approval needed for Online Deposit
1. When most companies direct deposit a pay check, they notify us up to 2 days in advance that it is coming. We make those funds available to you as soon as we know about them resulting in your early pay day!
2. Separate approval required. No maintenance or annual fee. $30 fee each time an overdraft is paid. Based on the selection made when opting in, we do authorize and pay overdrafts to your checking account for Checks, pre-authorized withdrawals (ACH), and debit card purchases processed outside of the PIN network. We do not authorize or pay overdrafts for ATM transactions or debit card purchases processed through the PIN network. We may authorize and pay overdrafts at our discretion. If we do not authorize or pay the overdraft, your transaction will be declined or returned. Negative balances that result from our having paid an overdraft are payable on demand.
3. The direct deposit requirement is waived on Plus benefits for members under 23.
4. The eStatement requirement is waived on Plus and Relationship benefits for members 65 and older.
Please refer to Features and Rates tabs for more information.
Dividend Checking Rates*
|OUR BEST RATE|
|Minimum/Terms||Dividend Rate||Annual Percentage Yield|
|Minimum daily balance of $2,500 required to avoid $10.00 monthly fee.||0.05%||0.05%|
Rates are effective .
*Rates may change after the account is opened and are subject to change weekly. Funds earn dividends from the first business day of deposit and are compounded daily and posted monthly. Accrued dividends are forfeited if account is closed prior to monthly dividend posting. Fees or other conditions may reduce earnings on these accounts. Refer to DCU's Truth-in-Savings Disclosures and Account Agreements and Schedule of Fees and Service Charges.
Annual Percentage Yield (APY) is a figure calculated using a federally-mandated formula. It's designed to help you compare the return you'll get in a uniform way between the certificate, savings, and money market accounts offered at various institutions. It tells you at what percentage your money will grow in one year at the same dividend rate including the effects of compounding. For example, the APY on a savings account would be what you earned at the end of a year if you made a deposit on the first day of the year, did not add to or subtract from the balance along the way, nor withdrew any dividends.
Monthly Fee: Dividend Checking
(Fee charged If daily balance falls below $2,500 during the month. Dividends paid on entire account balance.)
Overdrafts and Checking Accounts
|Paid - Nonsufficient Funds*
(Overdraft item paid)
(Avoid this by using a Visa or Home Equity Line of Credit.)
|Returned - Nonsufficient Funds*||$30.00|
|Paid - Uncollected Funds*||$30.00|
|Returned - Uncollected Funds*
Includes checks, line of credit checks, VISA drafts, ACH,
DCU Debit Card, and ATM withdrawals.
|Paid - 2nd Attempt to Clear
(Paid by repost)
|Automatic Overdraft Transfer
Limit six per month from Savings**
|Temporary Checks||$ 1.00/check|
|Bill Pay Transaction||FREE|
(With Relationship Benefits on a DCU Checking Account, receive 120 free Custom-style checks each year)
* Includes checks, ACH, and DCU Debit Card withdrawals. Aggregate two (2) fees per day per account. Individual items that 1) are $10 or less, or 2) draw the account balance negative by $10.00 or less are not subject to such fees.
** In combination with other Regulation D transactions
Any negative balance that results from DCU having paid an item that causes an overdraft must be repaid promptly. Negative balances not repaid promptly will result in your being suspended or terminated from the DCU Overdraft Service.
Please refer to Features and Details tabs for more information.
how long does it take to receive ur ATM cards
Interest on a dividend checking account calculated?
Clarification of balance minimum
"This product is the best"
In all 20+ years I have used this product I have never encountered a problem.
— Tim, Hudson, MA
"I love the free checking for many reasons"
I don't have to keep
a minimum balance. I get back some ATM fees at non-DCU ATM's. I
can transfer funds between savings and checking with a click of a button.
— Decooch, Nashua, NH
- Avoiding Checking Overdrafts – Most DCU members never overdraft their DCU checking accounts and never pay overdraft fees. Learn their secrets and you can avoid these fees, too.
- About NCUA Insurance – Complete information and details about NCUA Insurance.
- Order Checks – Complete information about reordering checks.
- Affidavit of Forgery (.pdf format) – Use the Affidavit of Forgery to report checks which have been fraudulently cashed on or against your Digital Federal Credit Union account.
- StreetWise Checking Account Guide – Explains the benefits of checking accounts, how they work, how to use them, and how to choose them.
- FICO Score – Through DCU you can receive your Equifax FICO Credit Score via online banking under Account Manager in your Inbox once a month FREE.
- ClickSWITCH – Switching your checking account to DCU is easy.
- Truth-in-Savings Disclosure (.pdf format) – Covers disclosures related to all DCU savings and checking accounts. DCU's Funds Availability Policies are covered here.
- Schedule of Fees and Service Charges – Details regarding member benefits that may help you avoid fees.
- Electronic Services Disclosure and Agreements (.pdf format) – This covers disclosures related to DCU electronic services such as Debit Cards, ATM Cards, Online Banking, and Easy Touch Telephone Teller system.
- Funds Availability Policy – This covers DCU's policies regarding holds on deposits.
- Check 21 Disclosure – Covers what your rights are regarding substitute checks and how to make a claim for a refund.
- Update Contact Information Form (.pdf format) – For address, phone number(s), and/or email address changes.
- Change Name and/or Add Joint Owner to Existing Account Form (.pdf format) – For name changes and/or account ownership changes.
- Automatic Transfer Authorization (.pdf format) – Have DCU set up recurring automatic transfers from checking and savings to other accounts. (Note: you can also set up automatic transfers yourself in Online Banking.
- Authorization and Agreement for Pre-authorized Payments – Make recurring transfers from your account at another financial institution to your DCU loan account.
- Authorization and Agreement for Pre-authorized Withdrawals – Make recurring transfers from your DCU account to another financial institution.
- Direct Deposit of Federal Recurring Payments (.pdf format) – Use this form to have DCU set up recurring Direct Deposit of your Social Security or federal pension to your DCU account.
- Change of Ownership Authorization with Full Consent Application (.pdf format) – Use to remove a joint owner with their consent from any or all of your DCU accounts.
- Change of Ownership Authorization with Limited Consent Application (.pdf format) – Use to remove a joint owner without their consent from any or all of your DCU accounts.
- Domestic Wire Transfers – Now available in Online Banking. Use to request a wire transfer from your DCU account to an account at another U.S. institution.
- Mail In Deposit Form (.pdf format) – For mail in deposits – Type, print and mail your own deposit slip from home.