Members under age 23 can get certificate rates on as little as $100
- Open Now
- Low $100 minimum to open for members under 23
- Terms 3 to 60 months
- Multiple dividend payment options
- Automatic renewal saves time
- Free online, mobile, and branch access
- Federally insured to $250,000 by NCUA
Please refer to Details and Rates tabs for additional information and important disclosures.
QuickStart Certificate Details
- Low $100 minimum – If you're under 23, you can open a QuickStart Certificate and get the same flexible terms as our DCU Regular Certificates, but with a much smaller minimum deposit.
- Terms 3 to 60 months – Your initial rate remains in effect for the full term. Dividends are compounded daily and credited monthly.
- Multiple dividend payment options – You can leave your dividends in the account so they compound or you can have them transferred to your DCU Savings Account each month or at maturity.
- Automatic renewal saves time – If you want to keep the same term when your Certificate renews, there is nothing you need to do. If you want to make any changes, you can easily let us know through Account Manager in Online Banking.
- Free online, mobile, and branch access – You can view and access your certificate anytime by logging into Online Banking from your computer, Mobile Banking with your smart phone or iPad, or by visiting any DCU branch.
- Federally insured to $250,000 by NCUA – Learn more about insurance on all your savings at DCU and how to maximize your coverage.
You can add $100 or more to your QuickStart Certificate with a term of 12 months or less. You can use this feature to...
- Consolidate multiple certificates as they mature.
- Build your savings faster at high certificate rates.
- Move savings from other institutions into existing accounts.
Here's how to add to your certificate...
- By Mail Enclose a check made out to Digital Federal Credit Union or send written transfer instructions with the account number of the certificate you want to add to, the account name and number you are transferring from, and the amount to transfer (minimum $100).
- By Phone Call the Information Center and provide us with your transfer instructions.
- By Email Log on to Online Banking and choose Contact Us. Select General requests or comments. Complete the form. In the box "Please Select the Department" choose Information Center and in the large comment box tell us the one or two digit account number of the certificate you want to add to, the account name and number you are transferring from, and the amount to transfer (minimum $100).
- By Person Stop by any DCU branch to make your add-on deposit or transfer.
QuickStart Certificate RatesQuickStart Certificate Rates For members under age 23, minimum balance of $100 is required to open your account.
|OUR BEST RATES|
|Terms / Features||Dividend Rate||Annual Percentage Yield|
|48 to 59 months||2.15%||2.17%|
|36 to 47 months||2.05%||2.07%|
|24 to 35 months||1.95%||1.97%|
|12 to 23 months. Add-ons permitted for 12-month term.||1.85%||1.87%|
|6 to 11 months. Add-ons permitted||1.45%||1.46%|
|3 to 5 months. Add-ons permitted.||1.20%||1.21%|
Rates are effective .
Add-on Feature You can make unlimited add-ons to your certificate principal on all QuickStart Certificates with terms of 12 months or less, anytime throughout the term. Minimum add-on $100.
An add-on before maturity does not affect your dividend rate.
Certificate Account rates are subject to change weekly; but the rate will remain in effect for the term of the certificate once issued. Funds earn dividends from the first business day of deposit through the day of withdrawal, are compounded daily, and posted monthly. "Penalties" apply for early withdrawals. Refer to DCU's Truth-in-Savings Disclosures and Account Agreements, Schedule of Fees and Service Charges and Certificate Account Disclosure and Agreement.
Annual Percentage Yield (APY) is a figure calculated using a federally-mandated formula. It's designed to help you compare the return you'll get in a uniform way between the certificate, savings, and money market accounts offered at various institutions. It tells you at what percentage your money will grow in one year at the same dividend rate including the effects of compounding. For example, the APY on a 6-Month Certificate would be what you earned at the end of a year if you renewed your certificate once, did not add to or subtract from the balance along the way, nor withdrew any dividends.
Early Certificate Closing Penalties
|3-11 months||60 days' dividend|
|12-35 months||90 days' dividend|
|36-60 months||180 days' dividend|
The same penalties apply on amounts prematurely withdrawn from a Certificate. IRS penalties may apply on IRA Certificate withdrawals. Jump-Up Certificate early withdrawal penalties will be calculated at the rate being earned at the time of withdrawal.
Quick Start Certificate Accounts is rated out of 5 by 2.
Rated 4 out of 5 by Giggy from This product is great for those who would like to start saving I love this product just wish that the rates were more clear.
Date published: 2011-10-17
Rated 2 out of 5 by J-man from Account closed. was not told that after a certain age they close out this account. I wouldn't have minded it being closed out but no one informed of this before hand and no one informed me why the account was closed and where my money had gone. I had called up to find out what had happened and basiclly was treated like I was a dumb person that should have known better. Very disappointed with the service.
Date published: 2011-05-24
[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Related Links and Resources
- Certificate Application and Disclosure – This form explains the terms and conditions on DCU Certificate Accounts.
- Truth in Savings Disclosure – Includes funds availability and privacy policies for members.
- Schedule of Fees and Services Charges – Details regarding member benefits that may help you avoid fees.
- Funds Availability Policy – An availability schedule associated with the deposits made to your DCU account.
- Electronic Services Disclosure – This covers disclosures related to DCU electronic services such as Debit Cards, Debit Cards, Online Banking, and Easy Touch Telephone Teller system.
- Laddering Certificates – This StreetWise guide shows you laddering the maturity dates of your certificates accounts can give you better returns whether dividend rates go up or down.
- Savings Calculators