Earn high certificate rates on as little as $500
- Open Now
- Low $500 minimum to open and earn dividends
- Terms 3 to 60 months
- Multiple dividend payment options
- Automatic renewal saves time
- Free online, mobile, and branch access
- Federally insured to $250,000 by NCUA
Please refer to Details and Rates tabs for additional information and important disclosures.
I have found DCU's CD rates to be consistently higher than any other CD rates available in my local area. The service and support they provide are also up there!
— Drumon, Alfred, ME
Regular Certificate Details
- Low $500 minimum to open and earn dividends
- Terms 3 to 60 months – Your initial rate remains in effect for the full term. Dividends are compounded daily and credited monthly.
- Multiple dividend payment options – You can leave your dividends in the account so they compound or you can have them transferred to your DCU Savings Account each month or at maturity.
- Automatic renewal saves time – If you want to keep the same term when your Certificate renews, there is nothing you need to do. If you want to make any changes, you can easily let us know through Account Manager in Online Banking.
- Free online, mobile, and branch access – You can view and access your certificate anytime by logging into Online Banking from your computer, Mobile Banking with your smart phone or iPad, or by visiting any DCU branch.
- Federally insured to $250,000 by NCUA – Learn more about insurance on all your savings at DCU and how to maximize your coverage.
You can add $100 or more to your Regular Certificate with a term of 12 months or less. You can use this feature to...
- Consolidate multiple certificates as they mature.
- Build your savings faster at high certificate rates.
- Move savings from other institutions into existing accounts.
Here's how to add to your certificate...
- By Mail Enclose a check made out to Digital Federal Credit Union or send written transfer instructions with the account number of the certificate you want to add to, the account name and number you are transferring from, and the amount to transfer (minimum $100).
- By Phone Call the Information Center and provide us with your transfer instructions.
- By Email Log on to Online Banking and choose Contact Us. Select General requests or comments. Complete the form. In the box "Please Select the Department" choose Information Center and in the large comment box tell us the one or two digit account number of the certificate you want to add to, the account name and number you are transferring from, and the amount to transfer (minimum $100).
- By Person Stop by any DCU branch to make your add-on deposit or transfer.
Regular Certificate RatesRegular Certificate Rates Minimum balance of $500 is required to open your account.
|OUR BEST RATES|
|Terms / Features||Dividend Rate||Annual Percentage Yield|
|48 to 59 months||2.15%||2.17%|
|36 to 47 months||2.05%||2.07%|
|24 to 35 months||1.95%||1.97%|
|12 to 23 months. Add-ons permitted for 12-month term.||1.85%||1.87%|
|6 to 11 months. Add-ons permitted||1.45%||1.46%|
|3 to 5 months. Add-ons permitted.||1.20%||1.21%|
Rates are effective .
Add-on Feature You can make unlimited add-ons to your certificate principal on all Regular Certificates with terms of 12 months or less, anytime throughout the term. Minimum add-on $100. An add-on before maturity does not affect your dividend rate.
Certificate Account rates are subject to change weekly; but the rate will remain in effect for the term of the certificate once issued. Funds earn dividends from the first business day of deposit through the day of withdrawal, are compounded daily, and posted monthly. "Penalties" apply for early withdrawals. Refer to DCU's Truth-in-Savings Disclosures and Account Agreements, Schedule of Fees and Service Charges and Certificate Account Disclosure and Agreement.
Annual Percentage Yield (APY) is a figure calculated using a federally-mandated formula. It's designed to help you compare the return you'll get in a uniform way between the certificate, savings, and money market accounts offered at various institutions. It tells you at what percentage your money will grow in one year at the same dividend rate including the effects of compounding. For example, the APY on a 6-Month Certificate would be what you earned at the end of a year if you renewed your certificate once, did not add to or subtract from the balance along the way, nor withdrew any dividends.
Early Certificate Closing Penalties
|3-11 months||60 days' dividend|
|12-35 months||90 days' dividend|
|36-60 months||180 days' dividend|
The same penalties apply on amounts prematurely withdrawn from a Certificate. IRS penalties may apply on IRA Certificate withdrawals. Jump-Up Certificate early withdrawal penalties will be calculated at the rate being earned at the time of withdrawal.
Regular Certificate Accounts is rated out of 5 by 171.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Sri from This is awesome I like this product very much.it is easy to open and no need to worry about it later the auto renewal fetature is excellent.
Date published: 2018-10-27
Rated 5 out of 5 by Derek from Capital retention with good growth While interest rates have remained low for so long, DCU has provided rates better than most. Combined with online banking, DCU is very convenient, and I happen to live not far from a number of lobbies.
Date published: 2018-10-08
Rated 5 out of 5 by Pinaki from Worth investing The rate of interest is reasonable for short term investment. While deciding where to invest, regular certificate accounts are good place for investment for a short period.
Date published: 2018-05-20
Rated 5 out of 5 by nhman from East to set up Once I figured out I had to go to "new accounts" to set up my new certificate it was really easy and I could do it entirely online. It took me a while to figure that out and I think DCU could make it easier to get to opening a new certificate. The reason I only gave a the "value" rating four out of five is that I have found other institutions the give a higher interest rate. But not enough to entice me to go outside DCU. I've been a DCU member for over 38 years and have found them to be a great financial institution to do business with.
Date published: 2018-03-17
Rated 5 out of 5 by Kumar from Excellent product to save quickly Excellent product to save quickly without any hassle
Date published: 2018-03-10
Rated 5 out of 5 by PRTJ from Exactly what we were looking for. Exactly what we were looking for. Review should not tell me how long my review should be.
Date published: 2017-12-23
Rated 5 out of 5 by Paula from Excellent customer service!!! Every time I call customer service DCU never disappoints!! They are always on top and very very helpful! Thank you DCU!
Date published: 2017-10-28
Rated 5 out of 5 by Baris from Amazing Banking Thank You for being there. It is very fast and accurate. Best regards
Date published: 2017-09-16
How long does it take to transfer funds from a certificate to another account after a request has been made?
Within 1 business day
Date published: 2014-04-10
is there an instrument other than a 529, that I can deposit cash into a Grandchild account that the parents will not be taxed ?
You should confirm this, but I believe you can gift up to $14,000 per year ($28,000 for couples) to individuals without any tax implications for anyone. Beyond that amount, you would need to file a gift tax form to reduce your unified credit. Also be mindful of triggering Generation Skipping Tax under certain circumstances.
Date published: 2016-01-16
Are the dividends kept in the CD or can they be deposited into a savings account
Are the dividends kept in the CD or can they be deposited into a savings account ?
I leave them in the certificate, for compounding
Date published: 2018-12-08
Is this an accurate DCU CD calculation?
Ok so if I understand this correctly, if I open a regular 12 month CD and deposit $1,000 at 1.75%, at the end of the 12 months I will have approximately $1,018?
Sound right to me. Also the interest is taxable, of course.
Date published: 2016-01-16
What happens if I have to cash out a CD 2 months early?
If you withdraw funds from a Certificate prior to maturity a penalty will be assessed. You may complete the form to Withdraw funds from the Account Manager menu in PC Branch (top center) and then choose the Manage Accounts tab to locate this form. The dividend penalties are calculated as follows: 1. If the term is at least 90 days but less than 1 year, I shall forfeit an amount equal to the lesser of: (a) All dividends (accrued and posted) for 60 days on the amount withdrawn, or (b) All dividends on the amount withdrawn since the date of issuance or renewal not to be less than 7 days’ dividends on a new certificate. 2. If the term is at least 1 year but less than 3 years, I shall forfeit an amount equal to the lesser of: (a) All dividends (accrued and posted) for 90 days on the amount withdrawn, or (b) All dividends on the amount withdrawn since the date of issuance or renewal not to be less than 7 days’ dividends on a new certificate. 3. If the term is at least 3 years or greater, I shall forfeit an amount equal to the lesser of: (a) All dividends (accrued and posted) for 180 days on the amount withdrawn, or (b) All dividends on the amount withdrawn since the date of issuance or renewal not to be less than 7 days’ dividends on a new certificate.
Date published: 2016-06-07
"Competitive Rates, Easy To Setup"
There are lots of flexible options to choose the CD term and rate that best fits your needs. Setting up a new CD is very simple with a downloadable one page form. DCU CDs provide a nice supplement to my overall savings plan.
— PRBNH, Amherst, NH
Easy Ways To Open A Regular Certificate
- Open Online
- Log into Online Banking – Choose Open Accounts and fund your new Certificate with a transfer.
- By Phone – Call 800.328.8797 or 508.263.6700, (select 3).
- Any DCU Branch – Visit your local branch to open a certificate today.
- By Mail – Fill out an application and mail it in.
- By Fax – Fill out an application and fax it to 866.874.7820.
Easy to open and easy to renew online. I also like the notification by email regarding the rollover date.
— Robert, Edison, NJ
Related Links and Resources
- Certificate Application and Disclosure – This form explains the terms and conditions on DCU Certificate Accounts.
- Truth in Savings Disclosure – Includes funds availability and privacy policies for members.
- Schedule of Fees and Services Charges – Details regarding member benefits that may help you avoid fees.
- Funds Availability Policy – An availability schedule associated with the deposits made to your DCU account.
- Electronic Services Disclosure – This covers disclosures related to DCU electronic services such as Debit Cards, Online Banking, and Easy Touch Telephone Teller system.
- Laddering Certificates – This StreetWise guide shows you laddering the maturity dates of your certificates accounts can give you better returns whether dividend rates go up or down.
- Savings Calculators