Online Balances Transfers
Transfer Your Balances from High Rate Credit Cards to Your DCU Visa® Platinum
Transfer Your Balances Today!
- Transfer balances from high rate credit and store cards and start saving immediately
- Pay off your Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, or even a store card (Best Buy, Target, Kohl's, Apple, Walmart, etc.)
- Simple online transfer process
- Immediate notification when your transfer is accepted
Transfer Your Balances Today!
Carrying a balance from month to month on a high rate credit or store card can cost you literally hundreds of dollars in interest every year. With interest rates way below the national average, a DCU Visa Platinum card can save you money every month. Plus, we don't charge a monthly or annual fee.
Pay off those high rate bank and store credit cards with a balance transfer to your DCU Visa Platinum. You'll get the same low rate on balance transfers as you do on purchases.
Simple Online Transfer Process
Transferring a balance to a low rate DCU Visa Platinum Card has never been easier than it is with our Online Balance Transfer option in Account Manager.
- Log into your Online Banking account
- Click the Account Manager button at the top of the screen
- Enter the Online Balance Transfer menu from the Transfers tab on the left
- Enter the card number and amount that you're paying off, verify the card issuer information, and we'll take care of the rest!
Whether you're paying off another Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, or even a store (Best Buy, Target, Walmart, Kohl's, Apple, etc.) card, you'll receive notification if your balance transfer was successful.
Once your balance transfer is complete, you'll see the requested amount added immediately to the balance of your DCU Visa account. This will show up as a Cash Advance on your monthly statement, but rest assured that you're still paying the same low rate as you would for regular purchase.
After the transfer, be sure to keep an eye on the account that you are paying off. While most transfers will happen in a matter of a few business days, others may take longer depending on how the card issuer processes its payments.
Don't Have a DCU Visa Yet?
- Calculation of Finance Charges – Learn exactly how finance charges or interest on DCU loan accounts are calculated.
- StreetWise Guide to Credit and Credit Management – Pertinent information on how to obtain and maintain a good credit rating, credit scoring information, and much more.
- Account Manager Manage your accounts, get messages, upload documents, accept loan approvals, and so much more within Online Banking.
- eStatements View, print, and save your statements electronically through Online Banking.
For Your Protection
- Managing and/or avoiding credit card interest – Learn how to reduce or entirely avoid credit card interest.
- Electronic Services Disclosure (.pdf format, 11 pages) This covers disclosures related to DCU electronic services such as Debit Cards, ATM Cards, Online Banking, and Easy Touch Telephone Teller system.
- Visa Credit Card Disclosure (.pdf format, 6 pages) – This covers rates, terms, and conditions related to DCU's Visa credit card programs.