Borrow against the value of stock certificates you own and hold
- Apply Now
Stock-Secured Loan Benefits
- Borrow against stock you own for any purpose
- Borrow up to 70% of the 52-week low price
- NYSE and NASDAQ-listed stocks
- Terms up to 10 years
- Save with Relationship benefits and electronic payment
Please refer to Details and Rates tabs for additional information and important disclosures.
"Easy To Set Up
DCU was able to give me this loan and it has helped me take out a loan without having to actually sell the stock due to the relatively down market. I'm quite happy with the loan officers who made it possible.
— Trying to stay afloat, Nashua, NH
Stock Secured Loan Details
- Preserve your stock investments – If you've built up a valuable stock portfolio, selling those stocks to finance something like a new car, your daughter's wedding, or your child's college education could have expensive capital-gains tax implications. A more prudent alternative may be to borrow against the value of that stock at DCU.
- Borrow up to 70% of the 52-week low price – DCU finances up to 70% of the 52-week low value of the stock (50% of that value if you are borrowing for the purchase of additional stock per federal regulation).
- Borrow against stocks listed on the New York Stock Exchange or NASDAQ
- Borrow up to $100,000 for up to 120 months (10 years)
- Stock must be in certificate form – The certificates will be held by DCU during the term of the loan.
- Save with Relationship benefits and electronic payment Save on rates when you qualify for Relationship benefits on your DCU Checking Account and make payments electronically (payment by transfer in Online Banking, Mobile Banking, Easy Touch Telephone Teller, DCU ATM, or internal DCU automatic transfers. Add 0.50% to rate for other payment methods.
Stock-Secured Loan Rates
Borrow up to 70% of the 52 week T-Bill Low Value (maximum 50% if being used for stock purchase per federal regulation). Loans up to $100,000. Terms up to 120 months.
|Our Best Rates*|
|Terms / Features||Annual Percentage Rate||Estimated Monthly Payment
|Up to 60 months
Minimum Loan Amount $5,000
|Up to 72 months
Minimum Loan Amount $15,000
|Up to 84 months
Minimum Loan Amount $15,000
|Up to 120 months
Minimum Loan Amount $25,000
Rates are effective .
* Rates are determined by your personal credit history, account relationship, and payment method.
I have approximately $309,000 in 401K accounts. Can I be pre-approved to borrow up to $100,000 using the 401K accounts as security?
I am trying to take out a loan.
Always friendly services and quick assistance to resolve any issues. Great guidance when necessary!
— Claudette, Berlin, CT
Very friendly and knowledgeable staff. Products seemed too good to be true. Service provision very quick, keep it up.
— Jim, Worcester, MA
Stock-Secured Loan Resources
- Are You Already Approved? – Login to Online Banking and check your Account Manager inbox for a message. If you are, you can accept your approved loan online.
- Loan Payment Method Authorization (.pdf format) – Use to have DCU set up electronic loan payments by transfer from your DCU savings or checking account. Note: you can set this up on your own with Internet Online Banking Automatic Transfers.
- Payment Protection – Helps relieve the pressure of your loan payments during certain unexpected events.
Stock-Secured Loan Related Links
- Loan Calculator – Use these calculators to determine an approximate loan payment based on the loan amount (loan cash), term, and credit history standing. This helps you see if a loan will fit within your budget.
- StreetWise Guide to Credit – StreetWise guide helps you understand how credit works, how to use it responsibly, how to know if you are having difficulty with it, and what to do if you are.
- Skip a Payment (.pdf format) – You have the option to skip a loan payment without impacting your credit rating.
- Calculate Finance Charges – Sometime members have questions about how Finance Charges or Interest on their DCU loan accounts are calculated. This information is designed to make the information in your loan disclosures a little easier to understand.
- Schedule of Fees and Service Charges – Details regarding member benefits that may help you avoid fees.
- Financial Wellness and Recovery – Learn what DCU can do for you if you are now or think you may soon experience a financial setback. The earlier you contact us, the more we can do to help.