Low Rates on New and Used
- Apply Now
Boat Loan Benefits
- Same low rates on new and used
- Purchase or refinance with affordable monthly payments
- Borrow up to 90% of purchase price
- Save with Relationship benefits and electronic payment
Please refer to Details and Rates tabs for additional information and important disclosures.
"Courteous and Knowledgeable"
Completely flexible and an absolute pleasure to deal with. I applied for the loan in one day and had the check in two business days. Amazing!
— TomC, Kingston, MA
Boat Loan Details
- New or used boats – with same low fixed rates.
- Borrow up to 90% of purchase price – or NADA book value (whichever is less) plus boat motor and trailer.
- For purchases and refinancing – Have an existing loan elsewhere? Move it here and save.
- Terms up to 20 years on new boats – and 10 years on used. That helps keep payments affordable on larger purchases.
- Save with Relationship benefits and electronic payment Save on rates when you qualify for Relationship benefits on your DCU Checking Account and make payments electronically (payment by transfer in Online Banking, Mobile Banking, Easy Touch Telephone Teller, DCU ATM, or internal DCU automatic transfers. Add 0.50% to rate for other payment methods.
- Interest may be tax deductible – Boats with a bathroom, kitchen (galley), and sleeping area are considered a home under IRS rules. Interest on loans to finance them may be deductible on your federal taxes. Visit the IRS web site (irs.gov) for details.
Boat Loan Fixed Rates*For New or Used Boats (Maximum used boat age to be financed 10 years)
Qualified borrowers can finance up to 90% of NADA retail book value or 90% of the purchase price, whichever is less.
|Terms / Features||Our Best Rates*|
|Annual Percentage Rate||Estimated Monthly Payment
|Up to 60 months
Minimum Loan Amount $5,000
|Up to 72 months
Minimum Loan Amount $15,000
|Up to 84 months
Minimum Loan Amount $15,000
|Up to 120 months
Minimum Loan Amount $25,000
|Up to 180 months
Minimum Loan A Mount $50,000
|Up to 240 months
Minimum Loan Amount $75,000
Rates are effective .
*Rates are determined by your personal credit history, account relationship, and payment method.
Accounts, can anyone open up an account with DCU
"Fast Loan Process!"
Had the check to buy the boat in 2 days! I was approved over the phone. Great, friendly customer service. I will use dcu again in the future.
— Chris, Marshfield, MA
DCU's employees are extremely friendly and very patient when it comes to servicing their customers. No matter how complicated or difficult the situation is, DCU's staff sees to the end of the situation with a smile.
— Angela, Houston, TX
Boat Loan Resources
- Are You Already Approved? – Login to Online Banking and check your Account Manager inbox for a message. If you are, you can accept your approved loan online.
- Loan Payment Method Authorization (.pdf format) – Use to have DCU set up electronic loan payments by transfer from your DCU savings or checking account. Note: you can set this up on your own with Internet Online Banking Automatic Transfers.
- Payment Protection – Helps relieve the pressure of your loan payments during certain unexpected events.
- Intent to Sell Form – Provide to DCU if you are buying a used boat or RV through a private sale.
Boat Loan Related Links
- Loan Calculator – Use these calculators to determine an approximate loan payment based on the loan amount (loan cash), term, and credit history standing. This helps you see if a loan will fit within your budget.
- StreetWise Boat Guide – Great consumer resources for buying and owning boats.
- StreetWise Guide to Credit – StreetWise guide helps you understand how credit works, how to use it responsibly, how to know if you are having difficulty with it, and what to do if you are.
- Skip a Payment (.pdf format) – You have the option to skip a loan payment without impacting your credit rating.
- Calculate Finance Charges – Sometime members have questions about how Finance Charges or Interest on their DCU loan accounts are calculated. This information is designed to make the information in your loan disclosures a little easier to understand.
- Schedule of Fees and Service Charges – Details regarding member benefits that may help you avoid fees.
- Financial Wellness and Recovery – Learn what DCU can do for you if you are now or think you may soon experience a financial setback. The earlier you contact us, the more we can do to help.