Refinance Your Auto Loan
Lower your rate, payment or both when you refinance.LEARN MORE
Finding a car that checks all the boxes on your list can take some effort. When it’s time to think about financing options, it’s easy to say yes to the financing package offered at a dealership. However, making a quick decision without comparing options can be a costly mistake. As a member of a credit union, you can have access to a variety of auto loan programs with low rates and affordable payments.
Here are five good reasons to check out your credit union for auto loans:
1. Cruise through the approval process. Many financial institutions look no further than your credit score when considering your loan application, and they may deny your request if you have less-than-great credit. But credit unions tend to consider the full context of past financial behaviors, which can give you a leg up in the approval process.
2. Lock in a low rate. Credit unions are not-for-profit financial institutions, which means profits are returned to members by way of lower fees and loan rates. And auto loans are no exception. Rates at credit unions tend to be lower than at banks, and a lower rate can save you money in interest payments over the life of the loan.
3. Enjoy a member-centered approach. Credit unions keep a strong focus on providing unbiased financial education, such as tips for determining an affordable loan amount based on your situation. You can rest assured that credit unions have your best interests in mind.
4. Benefit from auto-buying services. Credit unions’ partnerships with auto-buying services make your car-buying experience easier than ever. Carvana, a leading commerce platform for buying used cars, provides a seamless car buying experience for DCU members. You can search thousands of pre-owned Carvana Certified vehicles, complete the transaction using your approved DCU financing, and have the vehicle delivered to your door.
5. Apply with ease. Credit unions make it simple to apply for a car loan. You'll enjoy competitive rates and more convenience than financing through a dealership. Apply in three simple steps through our online application. If you are already a DCU member, check to see if you’re preapproved by visiting Loan Suite in Online or Mobile Banking.
Please note, membership is required to accept DCU vehicle loan.
This article is for informational purposes only. It is not intended to serve as legal, financial, investment or tax advice or indicate that a specific DCU product or service is right for you. For specific advice about your unique circumstances, you may wish to consult a financial professional.
Before you visit a dealership or contact a seller, take time to consider where to get your auto loan. It can make a difference in how much you wind up paying for your car over time.