What is a PIN (Personal Identification Number)?
A PIN is a number that you use in conjunction with your DCU Membership Number to access electronic services. It's a secret password only you should know. For security, don't share your PIN with anyone. Do not write it on your checkbook, Debit Card, or ATM Card. No one at DCU knows your PIN and no one will ask you for it.
What do I need a PIN for?
You need your DCU PIN for the following:
- Debit Card/ATM transactions at ATMs or point-of-sale (POS) locations
- Access to your accounts using Easy Touch Telephone Teller System
- To take a Visa® Cash Advance on your DCU Visa account at an ATM
- To access your accounts via Online Banking for the first time. You will be prompted to create a unique password for Online Banking upon your first log on.
When will I receive my PIN?
You should receive your PIN within seven days after you join DCU.
May I select my own PIN?
For security reasons, PINs are generated by DCU. Members cannot select their own PIN.
What if I lose or forget my PIN?
A PIN may be reordered at any DCU branch or by faxing or mailing your name, member number, and signature to the Account Services Center. Your signature is required for security. The PIN will be mailed to you at the address we have on file within seven days.
- Fax – Fax to the DCU Account Services Center at 508.263.6453.
- Mail – Mail to Digital Federal Credit Union, ATTN: Account Services Department, 220 Donald Lynch Boulevard, Marlborough, MA 01752.
If you receive an invalid PIN message at an ATM?
It may be because your card is damaged. To test it, try using Easy Touch. If it works, your card is most likely damaged and a new card should be ordered. If it doesn't work, you may be entering the wrong number. You can order a new copy as described above.
Your Online Banking Password
We require you to customize your Online Banking Password to a minimum of 6 characters made of a mix of numbers and letters for your security. If you forget your Online Banking Password or your account is locked due to login failures, you can reset it by following these directions.