Bringing DCU to Your Employees
The Best Value in Employee Benefits
- Our Story
- Offering Membership
- Employees Receive
- How to Join
- Current Enrollments
Our Select Employee Group (SEG) Story
Digital Federal Credit Union, better known as DCU, is a not-for-profit financial cooperative owned by and operated for our members.
DCU is all about educating your employees and helping them meet their individual financial goals, whether it be through seminars, one on one conversations or lunch and learns. As DCU is member owned, has no shareholders for whom to drive a profit, we are able to give everything we can back to your employees in the way of cutting edge technology, competitive deposit and loan rates and low fees. DCU takes pride in providing excellent service to your employees.
DCU brings the banking right on-site to your company and even have a full service “branch on wheels” that we could bring to you. We do all the work for you and there is no cost to your company. This is yet another added benefit you could offer your employees – eligibility for membership at DCU and the availability to them of all the great products and services we offer.
Because of all of this, DCU has over 850 Select Employee Groups that have chosen DCU to be “their” credit union for their employees.
Employees access their accounts at DCU through the Internet, ATMs, telephone, DCU branches in Massachusetts and New Hampshire, as well as thousands of CO-OP Shared Branch locations nationwide.
DCU provides a wide variety of services:
- Consumer banking and lending services – including checking, savings, mortgages, equity loans, auto loans, student loans, credit cards, and much more.
- Business banking and lending services – including checking, savings, commercial and business loans, credit cards, and other services.
- DCU Insurance – Independent Insurance Agency providing auto, home, liability, and other property and casualty coverage in multiple states.
- DCU Realty – Backed by the tools, resources, expertise and financing of DCU, DCU Realty is a one stop shop real estate company that helps clients fulfill their real estate goals.
Offer Membership to Your Employees and Their Families
As a Select Employee Group (SEG), your employees and their families are eligible for membership at DCU.
Offering membership at DCU (Digital Federal Credit Union) is free and it provides exceptional life-long benefits to your employees and their families. Learn more about DCU.
What This Partnership Can Offer Your Company
When you offer DCU access to your employees, your company receives...
- A voluntary employee benefit that provides lifetime value for your employees and their families
- No cost to your company and we make it easy for you
- Bring the banking on site with our Mobile Branch
- Free membership materials, educational seminars, site visits, and support
- Another way to show your employees you care about their financial well-being
- Help attract and retain quality employees
- Increase productivity by helping employees reduce financial related stress
What We Can Offer Your Employees and Their Families
DCU is one of the nation's fastest growing credit unions. That's because we provide access to a full and growing range of quality financial products and services including...
- Great Rates – Higher savings rates, lower loan rates, and more free services than banks
- Deposit Accounts – Checking, Savings, Certificates, IRAs, HSAs, and more
- Early Payday — With direct deposit, employees can enjoy getting paid up to two days early
- ClickSwitch – Switch your direct deposit and payments with ease
- Loans – Visa®, Mortgages, Home Equity Loans, Auto Loans, and more
- 24 Hour Access – By ATM, telephone, and mobile banking
- DCU Mobile Branch — Open accounts and apply for loans on site!
- Free Credit Report Analysis — Offer a review which could help employees save money
- Free Monthly Credit Score – Helps detect changes. Offers peace of mind
- And much more! – DCU also helps employees do everything from buying a home to financing a car, planning for retirement, financing or refinancing a college education, and more!
How Your Company Can Join Our Field of Membership
Offering DCU membership to your employees as a Select Employee Group (SEG) requires the approval of the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA). We will assist you with the process. To apply, your company must...
- Be located within 25 miles of a DCU branch
- Submit a Service Request letter to DCU on company letterhead
The letter must include the following:
- A request for DCU's service
- The number of employees
- The location of the company
- The number of miles to the nearest DCU branch
- The type of business
- A statement that the company does not currently utilize any other credit union for employees
If 3,000 or more employees...
- A statement explaining why your company would not or could not form a new credit union to serve your employees
How Your Organization Can Join Our Field of Membership
An organization or association can also offer DCU to their members if it meets the following requirements...
- Have an office located within 25 miles of a DCU branch
- Provide a copy of bylaws
For more information, you may call Janice Dokla at 508.263.6391.
Once we receive and approve your letter and application, we complete the NCUA application and forward everything directly to the NCUA. The entire process will be completed within 2 weeks.
Take a look at these sample letters:
If you belong to one of over 850 participating employers, you are eligible to join. Find out what employers belong in DCU’s Field of Membership.