Online Deposit for Businesses
Deposit checks from your office or home
A Great Way to Do Business
Deposit Checks from your office or home with DCU's Online Deposit. It's a convenient and easy way to do banking online on your schedule. Online Deposit allows you to scan in your check deposits from the office, home, or even while traveling using your PC/Laptop and a scanner.
It's an alternative to mailing in your checks, driving to an ATM, or visiting a Shared Branch. The process is very simple, convenient, and secure. Below are some highlights about this new and outstanding service:
- Offered to qualified business members.
- Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Any type of check drawn on a U.S. bank in U.S. dollars can be deposited. With extended deposit times you can improve your cash flow situation.
- 5 easy steps to make a deposit.
- Help screens and video tutorials are available online.
- Email notifications sent directly to you when deposits are processed or if any adjustments are made.
- Funds are credited the same business day if submitted by the standard processing time.
- Outstanding security with secure, encrypted connections.
- And much more!
Online Deposit for Business Accounts
Your company should have a business account with DCU and been in business for at least 2 years.
Go Online to Register
- Register online by logging into Online Banking with your Membership Number and Password.
- Select the "Online Deposit" link in the green navigation bar, then select "Register." (Please note you need an updated email address on Online Banking to use Online Deposit. Not sure? Check User Options.)
- After selecting Register, enter the required information
- Once you've agreed to the DCU Online Deposit Disclosure and Agreement, please allow 3 to 5 business days to process your registration.
- You will receive an email with your pre-approved deposit limit. If this amount is adequate you can begin depositing checks, if not see the next section below.
If You Need to Increase Your Limit
If you need more than your pre-approved limit fill out a Business Online Deposit QuickApp, or call 508.804.9188 or 800.328.8797 extension 9188. After filling in the appropriate fields on the Business Online Deposit QuickApp send or fax your form to DCU according to the Application Instructions. A Credit Union Representative will contact you within one business day after we receive your Business Online Deposit QuickApp application to discuss your request. Most decisions will be made within four business days of receiving a completed application.
Using Online Deposit
Once approved, you can start scanning your checks in 5 Easy Steps:
- Make sure the back of the check is endorsed with your signature, DCU Membership Number, the account number where you'll deposit the funds, and the phrase "For Deposit Only at Digital Federal Credit Union, via dcu.org, on mm/dd/yyyy."
- Log on to Online Banking and select "Online Deposit."
- Select "Proceed" (if using Online Deposit for the first time, select "Register.")
- Choose the account you would like the check(s) to be deposited to.
- Use the "Choose Scanner" button to choose the appropriate scanner. Enter the total amount of the check(s) you'd like to deposit. Then, using your own scanner, simply scan the front and back of the check and click the submit button to continue to the Deposit Review step. An email will be sent to you once your deposit has been submitted for review and processing. After you receive that email (usually within 24 hours), you must write PROCESSED on the check. Please store your deposited items in a safe place and destroy the check after a period of 60 days. (Please note that your scanner will need to have TWAIN driver support. Please select the "Help" button within Online Deposit for more information.)
That's it your check has been deposited without you having to leave the comfort of your office or home. The image of your deposited check will be available in Online Deposit account history for 6 months. Please verify your deposits via Online Banking history to ensure there are no processing issues. DCU must be notified in writing about any issues within the allowed time-frame listed in your Online Deposit Services Disclosure and Agreement document. You will be notified via email of any change to deposits for any reason within 1 business day.
Minimum Requirements to Utilize Online Deposit:
- Windows XP or Vista with Internet Explorer 6+ or Firefox 2+
- MAC OS X 10.5 with Safari 3+ or Firefox 3
- High Speed Internet connection
- TWAIN Compliant Scanner
- Windows XP or Vista with Internet Explorer 8 or Firefox 3
- MAC OS X 10.5 with Safari 3.1 or Firefox 3
Processing Time Frames
Business Day and Deposit Availability: Business days are Monday through Friday, except Holidays. Business hours of Online Deposit are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, Eastern Time, except holidays.
Checks submitted and approved for deposit prior to the end of our business day will be deposited to your account on the same day. Deposits submitted after the end of our business day will be deposited on the next business day. Plus:
- No longer a need to fill out deposit slips or make photocopies of the checks you receive
- You can easily load check images into your accounting software
- If you need a copy of your deposited checks, you can find them right in Online Deposit (images are kept for 18 months)
For more information on Online Deposit, call 508.804.9188 or 800.328.8797 extension 9188.
*Please review the ONLINE DEPOSIT SERVICES DISCLOSURE AND AGREEMENT for more information.
Online Deposit is an easy-to-use, self-service product. However, you may encounter problems or develop questions and concerns. Our Online Deposit User Support is here to help. Here's what you can expect..
- Online Help – Select "Help" or "?" as you begin a transaction and you'll see information specific to the page you are on.
- Online Support – Our E-Branch support team answers virtually all email we receive in 24 hours or less. LiveHelp is also available from Online Banking during normal LiveHelp hours.
- Telephone Support – For questions in regards to the Online Deposit service, please contact DCU's Electronic Services Department at 508.263.6700 or 800.328.8797.