DCU Visa® Debit Card
Your debit card for shopping and your ATM card for cash
- Apply Now
Debit Card Features
- Available with your DCU Checking Account
- Use it to shop at millions of retailers
- Use it to pay bills where Visa® is accepted
- Purchase information shows on your statement
- Works with Apple Pay®, Google Pay™, and Samsung Pay
- Use it at the ATM for cash, deposits, or transfers
- Buy online easily and safely with Visa Checkout
- Embedded EMV chip to protect your card information
Apple, and Apple Pay are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
Google and Google Pay are trademarks of Google Inc.
Samsung, and Samsung Pay are registered trademarks of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
"Simply The Best"
I have been a member of DCU for over 20 years and they have never let me down. I also get my paycheck deposited a day earlier than anyone else I know! Great credit union! It is simply the best!
— KMM24, Windham, NH
DCU Debit Card Benefits
The DCU Debit Card is your debit card for shopping and your ATM card for cash.
- Available with your DCU Checking Account Open a DCU Checking Account to have a DCU Debit Card (age 15 or older).
- Shop at millions of retailers Use it anywhere Visa is accepted!
- Pay bills wherever Visa is accepted Billers that accept credit cards for payment will also accept your DCU Debit Card.
- Compatible with Apple Pay, Google Pay, and Samsung Pay Enjoy all the benefits of your DCU Visa Platinum Card using your mobile device to pay at millions of stores and within apps. Learn More
- Purchase information shows on your statement and Online Banking The name of the vendor you paid with your DCU Debit Card shows with each transaction.
- Use it at the ATM for cash, deposits, or transfers At non-DCU ATMs, use it to make withdrawals, deposits, transfers, and inquiries on your DCU Checking Account and Savings Account.*
- Buy online easily and safely with Visa Checkout – Learn more
- Embedded EMV chip to protect your information – DCU Debit Cards now come with chip technology built right in. This tiny chip protects your information in a big way.
More on Purchases with your DCU Debit Card
Use your DCU Debit Card to buy anything at millions of locations worldwide wherever Visa is accepted.
The DCU Debit Card is accepted at ATMs and POS terminals displaying any of these logos:
Many NYCE and CO-OP ATMs accept deposits. See DCU ATM Locations to find the network ATM closest to you.
If you are traveling internationally with your DCU Debit Card To protect your account and minimize fraudulent activity, we work closely with Visa to monitor current fraud patterns. If you are traveling abroad and plan on using your DCU Visa or Debit Card, you can notify us by by utilizing Travel Notifications on DCU Online Banking Account Manager or call 508.263.6700 or 800.328.8797, to speak with a Member Service Representative regarding your upcoming international travel plans.
*Balance inquiries and withdrawals are $0.75 each at non-DCU ATMs (where accepted), and free with Plus or Relationship benefits on your DCU Checking Account. Deposits are always FREE at qualified Deposit-Taking Network ATMs, check at the DCU ATM Locations link above. Some institutions may surcharge you if you use their ATMs. Avoid these surcharges by not using these machines. ATMs must be identified with signs or screens disclosing surcharges. All SUM ATMs in Massachusetts and most CO-OP ATMs nationwide have no surcharges.
Debit Card Fees Overview
|Non-DCU ATM Transaction*
(Without Plus or Relationship Benefits
on a DCU Checking Account)
|Non-DCU ATM Transaction*
(With Plus or Relationship Benefits
on a DCU Checking Account)
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee
(based on transaction amount)
Conveyance in US Funds
(no conversion necessary)
Additional courier charge applies for rush orders
* Some institutions may surcharge you for using their ATMs
** Up to $10 per month in non-DCU ATM surcharge reimbursements for Plus Benefits. Up to $25 per month in non-DCU ATM surcharge reimbursements for Relationship Benefits.
DCU Visa Debit Card is rated out of 5 by 48.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Hislamb from Friendly Customer Service Thank you for always being willing to help me over the phone because I live in TX :-). I really need the debit card if I want to use your checking account. I can’t use the money if I don’t have the card.
Date published: 2019-01-27
Rated 5 out of 5 by SamFromNYC from DCU is is UNBELIEVABLY GOOD. In 40 years of banking I've never had a bank or credit union that does half as good a job as DCU. Please they are the nicest people ever. I've never had any problem (that I didn't cause myself and they even helped me out of some of those!) and DCU has always gone above and beyond to help me. When interacting with the staff I have NEVER FAILED to have a good experience, they are all very nice.
Date published: 2018-12-20
Rated 5 out of 5 by Sriman from DCU is Best!!! DCU is best banking institution of all the banks I have had!!. Very good interest rates and free checking account. Salary deposited a day earlier.
Date published: 2017-02-24
Rated 5 out of 5 by Smukie85 from Best credit union / bank I have ever had. When I went to college out of state I thought I would need to change to a local bank (and I did for ease of depositing my checks) after a couple of months I realized that this was horrible service and then I started to mail my checks to DCU for deposit (I worked for the school and student workers did not have access to direct deposit) this was before smartphones were as ubiquitous as they are today so this was the only way. The ability to keep my bank was amazing and I have never considered changing again.
Date published: 2016-01-12
Rated 5 out of 5 by pie from DCU Is the BEST!!! Recently, our debit card number was stolen and used to fraudulently purchase over $400 worth of goods. The moment the charge hit our account, DCU's Fraud Protection service called us to verify the purchase! Without that, we may not have noticed the fraudulent activity on our account until the next day - which would have caused much more of a headache! We immediately contacted Customer Service where they canceled the card and issued a new one, and just over 12 hours later the money was back in our account!! Thank you DCU for having our backs - we appreciate it!!
Date published: 2015-06-19
Rated 5 out of 5 by deepz from Great! I really like DCU. The interest rates are nominal. But the call goes on hold for a very long time about 30-40 min when I contact customer service
Date published: 2015-04-26
Rated 5 out of 5 by REDMONDRON from Apple Pay Activation Apple Pay Activation was real smooth and fast. Noteworthy Features 1. Got Security Emails from DCU confirming that Apple Pay has been enabled for my DEBIT Card ( No other Bank did that while using their Apple Pay) 2. Just called Member Service and they activated Apple Pay without asking tonnes of questions.. This was really great
Date published: 2015-04-23
Rated 5 out of 5 by Fernanda from Best bank! I have had DCU for many years, I relocated to South Florida and refuse to switch banks! Highly recommend
Date published: 2015-04-23
Can I change my 4 digit PIN?
Date published: 2018-03-22
How do check my balance before my pin comes?
I had a direct deposit set up and i want to know if my money is in my account, but I've yet to receive my pin number is there anyway to check my balance without going to the bank and without the pin?
I called my branch to check balance the first time. I received my pin a week after opening my accounts.
Date published: 2013-12-28
Does dcu offer the option to personalize the visa debit cards?
The only Check Card style available is the sample green one currently displayed on our home page.
Date published: 2014-11-15
How can I track a card I ordered?
Most cards are mailed through standard First Class mail, and so cannot be tracked. However, by your request, DCU can send a card through a registered service such as Federal Express. When this is done, you will be provided a tracking number to monitor the card. There is a charge for this service. For details, please contact our Information Center at 800.328.8797 or at email@example.com
Date published: 2013-10-23
what is charge for non dcu atm?
DCU ATM withdrawal fees for Non-DCU ATMs are as follows: Non-DCU ATM Transaction* (Without Plus or Relationship Benefits on a DCU Checking Account) $1.50 Non-DCU ATM Transaction* (With Plus or Relationship Benefits on a DCU Checking Account) FREE** * Some institutions may surcharge you for using their ATMs ** Up to $5 per month in non-DCU ATM surcharge reimbursements
Date published: 2017-01-07
"It does exactly what it needs to!"
The DCU Visa Debit Card is convenient and easy to use, just like any credit card would be. It's super!
— Mel, Nashua, NH
You can use any ATM with the DCU Debit Card and DCU will reimburse you up to $15 a month. Need I say more?
— TDIzzy , Beverly, MA
- ATM Locations Find all DCU ATMs and get links to network ATMs.
- Online Checking Application Use to open a new DCU Checking Account with a DCU Debit Card.
- Mobile Wallets Enjoy all the benefits of your DCU Debit and Credit cards using Apple Pay, Google Pay, or Samsung Pay. It’s the easy, secure, and private way to pay with a simple touch.
- Electronic Services Disclosure This covers disclosures related to DCU electronic services such as Debit Cards, ATM Cards, Online Banking, and Easy Touch Telephone Teller system.
- Schedule of Fees and Service Charges
- Funds Availability Policy This covers DCU's policies regarding holds on deposits.
- DCU Checking Accounts Information on our Checking Accounts and how you can earn extra benefits.
- Truth-in-Savings Disclosure Covers disclosures related to all DCU savings and checking accounts. DCU's Funds Availability Policies are also covered here.
- StreetWise Guide to Using Debit and ATM Cards
- StreetWise Guide to Debit and ATM Card Security
- StreetWise Guide to Using Checking Accounts